Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen: Laboon

---------------------------

"Lunaris. We discussed this before. You should be careful with the humans. You created them yourself. You should know that they are delicate creatures."

Lunaris flipped another page in his book as Sage stood before him scoldingly.

Sage was currently in the Celestial Realm, inside of Lunaris' study. He had left Red-Haired Shanks and Rosinate to mingle back at the castle so that he could reprimand Lunaris for his rash actions.

So far, Lunaris wasn't paying much attention.

"Humans aren't fragile. Quite contrary, actually." Brushing his long ombre hair to the side, the god looked up to stare at his friend. "They are intelligent creatures. They will rebound. When one passes through the gateway without precaution and lives, they are granted a small gift. I'd say it was rather generous of me."

"Rather risky too," Sage huffed. "He could have died."

"But he didn't."

Sage gritted his teeth as he glared hard at Lunaris. He only seemed to be bored, wanting nothing more than to read his books. That's what you get when you're friends with a scholar. Sage huffed in annoyance.

"If it's any consolation," Lunaris spoke, shutting his book closed with a quick snap. "I wasn't as negligent as Mortalitus spoke of. I made sure that the man was in perfect and working condition when I guided him through the gateway."

"You mean you pushed him." The God of Creation and Destruction waved him off, setting his book aside on a small table. Sage tilted his head slightly to read, How to Kill a Mockingbird.

"I gave him a little... nudge. You can ask Aarth. He was in perfect condition." Sage narrowed his eyes at the larger male who towered before him. He had to be around seven feet tall in his 'human' form. Celestial beings were as tall as the giants themselves back in the Pirate Realm.

Sage watched as Lunaris averted his eyes to the window. The dragon let out a long sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Fucking gods...

"You were drunk weren't you?" A small tinge of pink showed up on his tan cheeks as he refused to meet the dragon's gaze.

"I blame Hollow and Abigor. I will be part of their drinking games no longer." Sage rolled his eyes, putting his hands to his hips.

"You said that last time."

"They're very good at convincing me." Sage nodded his head skeptically.

"You just wanted to win. Like always." Shaking his head in disbelief at the god's flushed cheeks, Sage let out a groan of annoyance. "You're supposed to be one of the most intelligent out of the Gods, how is it possible that you don't realize that they feed you their poisons?"

Lunaris took a seat in his leather chair behind his desk.

"I wanted a fair competition. Besides, the taste was exquisite. Just like strawberries. Aarth was spectating as well, so there really is no need for you to be so worried." Sage looked so done with Lunaris' shit because he was done.

"We have ambrosia and nectar. And nothing with those two gods is fair." Rubbing his eyes, ran his hands through his hair. "And you had the God of Knowledge spectating everything. I thought he was supposed to be smart."