II. dufus

y/n's pov:

 WAKING UP ON TIME HAS ALWAYS been a problem for me

WAKING UP ON TIME HAS ALWAYS been a problem for me. Especially with the nightmares that happen ever so often. So when I got shaken awake by my brother once again from screaming my head off it didn't surprise me.

Every time I opened my eyes I felt a sharp pain in my chest as if I couldn't breathe. Brian sat on the edge of the bed holding me tightly.

"It's okay [Y/n/n] he can't hurt you anymore" He cooed. I laid in his arms, soft cries leaving my lips.

As my breathing slowed down Brian got up and spoke "I'm have to call mama-" I cut him off snapping my head in his direction "No, no you can't call them. They'll freak out and come back and I can't do this to them. I'm fine B" I pleaded.

"You screaming in terror at night because of your trauma is not fine [Y/n]" He spoke raising his voice slightly. "I'll tell them okay. When mama and pop come back I'll tell them but I'm sure these nightmares will be gone by then" I affirmed.

I could tell he was upset. He always blamed himself for what happened to me. He tried protecting me from our sperm donor but that only earned him horrifying beat downs.

As he walked out I spoke once more "It's not your fault B. We were 5 there wasn't anything we could've done" He looked back at me a tear streaming down his check before walking down the hall.

Seeing him beat himself up over what happened years ago hurts so much. I blamed myself for so long. My pain caused everyone around me to also hurt, but little did I know that all my internal suffering was starting to take a toll on me physically and mentally.

I grabbed my phone checking the time. 5:30am great. There was no point in falling back to sleep. To be honest I was afraid of closing my eyes. Sleep used to be the one thing I had to escape reality and now he found a way to take that away from me as well, even from beyond the grave.

I got out of my bed and made my way to the bathroom. I slid down to the floor, knees in my chest and head in my hands sobbing quietly not to alarm my brother.

Without thinking I grabbed the razor blade from a hidden compartment in my bathroom cabinet and rolled down my sleeve. I drew the blade across my skin, as it deeply scraped me blood started to drip down my arm. I mentally cursed myself for doing it somewhere, where it could be noticed.

Instead of continuing cutting my wrists, I made my way to my thigh. My fingers tracing the scars from previous years.

...

3rd person pov:

The Garcia twins made there way through the halls side by side looking flawless as ever. They didn't even have to try. They could show up in baggy clothes and messy hair and still be the hottest siblings in the school.

As they were conversing about the events that took place this morning [Y/n] scolded her twin for even bringing in up at school.

"I sense some tension in this area" Marcus joked waving his arms in the air.

"What are you? A medium" [Y/n] shot back sticking her tongue out at the boy. Marcus looked at her confused obviously not getting the joke.

"It's like a psychic" Brian replied, taking the words out of his twins mouth. Marcus still looked confused.

[Y/n] gently pushed his face away and muttered "Dufus" Marcus gaped at her placing one hand around her shoulder and one on his heart "I'm deeply offended, but you're lucky I love you" He said, winking.

"Dude stop flirting with my sister" Brian fake gagged as [Y/n] and Marcus laughed.

"Come on"

The trio walked off. Marcus' hand still dangled over his best friends shoulder. This didn't go unnoticed by the new girl though.

...

[Y/n] walked to AP English a little late from smoking with Marcus in the back of the school.

"Welcome back, AP English... hiding in the back there-" Mr. Gitten stopped addressing the class and turned to face [Y/n] as she walked in sitting in the left seat next to Max.

Max and [Y/n] did there handshake they made up when they were younger and turned back to class.

"Well I'm glad you could join us Ms. Garcia, I hope this is the last time you'll be late to my class" Mr. Gitten spoke putting on a fake smile.

[Y/n] returned the fake smile and sarcastically said "Wouldn't count on it" Giggles were heard through out the room.

"Before I was rudely interrupted, I was saying hiding in the back there, you'll fine Virginia Miller. I trust you will make her feel welcome" Mr. Gitten introduced the new girl that was staring at [Y/n] and Marcus in the hall.

"It's Ginny" She corrected.

"You're high aren't you" Max whispered to [Y/n]. [Y/n] grinned sheepishly and replied "Maybe a tiny bit" Her eyes looking heavy but not as much due to the eye drops she used before class.

Mr. Gitten began to speak once more "I know it's our first day back from summer vacation,
but I thought it was an excellent opportunity for a pop quiz. Those of you who didn't do the summer reading of The Crucible are in for a world of pain" He continued "Uh, don't worry Virginia I don't expect you to have to read it- Oh. Yes, you have a question"

"There are 16 books on this syllabus. Fourteen of them are written by men, Fifth teen were written by white people, and I'll guess the one Black author will crop up for Black History Month. Am I right?" Ginny spoke sass evident in her voice.

"Excuse me?" Mr. Gitten questioned.

[Y/n] spaced out not paying attention to the rest of the conversation.

When the time to take the quiz , [Y/n] received and a perfect score. She walked out of the class on her way to meet Marcus at there spot per usual when lunch roles around.

A/n: Hey peeps, I know it's a weird place to end off at but I will be doing a continuing part not wanting to make this chapter to long

A/n: Hey peeps, I know it's a weird place to end off at but I will be doing a continuing part not wanting to make this chapter to long. I promise next chapter will be better. I hope you have a nice day or night!- gina