XIX. connor

y/n's pov:
continuation of the last chapter...

I'M VERY AWARE OF THE FACT THAT I'M DRAMATIC

I'M VERY AWARE OF THE FACT THAT I'M DRAMATIC. It's something I'm trying to work on. not letting things get to me or really affect and/or making it a big deal.

When I get to my room I close my door and make my way to my balcony where I use this small wooden table to climb up to the roof. It's my sacred place.

I can't remember the last time since i've been up here. It's been quite sometime and I can't deny I love the fresh breeze I get from being up here. It's peaceful especially at night, when the sun is just about to set.

I lay there staring up at the sky. I can here Les by Childish Gambino playing on my rooms speaker. My favorite song at the moment. Then I notice someone swiftly climbing onto the roof and sitting next to we're I lay.

He looks down at me and is expecting me to be happy with is presence.

"Please don't be mad at me. I hate it when you're mad at me." Marcus sighs.

"I hate it when you lie to me."

Marcus grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers together. It felt so natural and I wish I could hold hands with him forever.

Marcus started to play with his ring that I still wore on my finger. A small smile crept onto his lips but slowly faded as he began to speak. "I hate it when you're mad at me... but you have every right to be."

I don't understand what he's trying to say. I know he wants to tell me what's on his mind but somethings holding him back. I'm not going to force him into telling me something he so clearly doesn't want me to know.

All I know is that it isn't going to be good.

Marcus opens his mouth to speak, then snaps it shut. He sighs "Your biological mother..."

"What about her?" I question.

Marcus looks at me. His eyes filled with regret and suddenly my stomach churns with anxiety, awaiting what he's about to tell me.

"Your biological mom is actually-" Marcus is cut short when Brian comes out on the balcony screaming his lungs out.

"CONNOR IS VISITING US FOR TWO FUCKING WEEKS!"

"B, you know I love Connor but Marcus was in the middle of telling me something important do you mind?" I ask politely.

Connor Jensen Edwards, one of Brian and I's long-term friends. He's been in our lives since forever... it feels like. He lives in Minnesota. Yeah, it's pretty far. When Brian and I were in foster care we bounced around a lot, we had some family up it Minnesota, stayed with them for a bit and that's when Connor came into our lives. Unfortunately some things came up and we got out into the system again.