VIII. i should probably go

y/n's pov:

THE NEXT MORNING I WAS WALKING OUT of school with max and ginny walking in front of me

THE NEXT MORNING I WAS WALKING OUT of school with max and ginny walking in front of me. they stopped walking as hunter approached them matt following behind him. he stood right next to me, his eyes locking with nine.

"well that didn't totally suck" press spoke while looking at me with a smirk plastered onto his face.

"mhm" i agreed nodding my head, smiling goofily. "well i should go, my brothers waiting for me" i say as i turn ready to walk away.

before i could make it to far. i felt someone gently grab my wrist. "wait, there's something i need to ask you" press says looking into my eyes.

"do you want to go out on a date with me this saturday? i promise it won't be fancy i know you hate stuff like that" he says, looking hopeful and waiting for my answer.

i moved to where our faces were inches apart. i placed my right hand on the nape of his neck, gently pulling him closer to where our lips are touching slightly.

"i would love that" i mumbled against his lips. he inched closer, closing the gap between us. our lips moved in sync.

it's such a cliche to say that time stopped when our lips met but to be honest that's such an understatement. it felt meaningful and too special to end.

we pulled away realizing that we were in public. press locked eyes with me once again, his forehead resting on mine.

i turned my head to see marcus walking away. i looked back at press and smiled.

"okay, saturday it is" i mumbled and pecked his lips.

he pecked my lips mumbling an "okay."

"okay" i pecked his lips one last time.

we departed and i walked off with brian, max, marcus and mrs.baker.

...

oh how things to a turn for the worst...

the next morning i woke up screaming and crying. i had thought that they'd gone away. but this nightmare was so vivid. it felt as if it was happening all over again and no one would be able to stop it from happening again.

i went to school pretending as if nothing happened that morning. i felt like a zombie. like i was there walking through the halls of school but i wasn't actually in my body.

when it was time for lunch i decided to just go to a secluded space to think. i went to the spot where marcus and i usually came to skip.