Chapter 8

The weather, harmonized with the general ambiance of today, was gloomy. The light drizzle gently caressing my hair and my juiceless face. The swift cold breeze impacting my body every other second, made me feel a preternatural way. Not in a way I have felt ever before, the vexation I feel about the words sudo said, could not be typed in words. I wasn't necessarily scared or angry, but I had this eerie feeling in my stomach, which is causing unexpected annoyance. From all the years I remember, I don't think I have felt this way ever before.

I looked up at the rain clouds and contemplated whether I should do it or not. Whether I should also do something about the 2nd hand involvement. I shook my head and focused on the pathway I was walking in, to distract myself. While walking, I saw someone intriguing, they were at the edge of the pathway, right under a tree, covering themselves with the unilluminated shadow. I walked placidly towards her, her face was hidden into the darkest of the shadows. I turned on my flashlight to get a better look at her, knowing the opportunity cost of this decision.

"AH!"

"....."

She had dark shadows under her eyes and seemed to have been crying since a while back.

"hey sakura, are you ok?"

"Yes!, I'm perfectly fine! ha heh ha"

Seems like she ran off from the ayanokoji group, as I couldn't see any of them here.

"im sorry ayanokoji-kun, i have to go"

she said this and turned her back towards me

"hey sakura, you know if you want to talk to someone about your problems, I'm always here right?"

I read in an article yesterday that it's normal for friends to say this to each other, so I decided to discover exactly how much of the article was true.

"huh!" she squeaked

she turned in my direction, and starred wordlessly and breathlessly, studying my face like it's a piece of art lost to history and found just yesterday. Trying to decode if I said what she thought I said. Well, this is all I could take in from seeing her expression.

"ayanokoj-"

She sprinted in my direction, jumping into my arms.

uh, what is she doing, shall I push her off?

"Hey Sakura, what happened, why are you crying?" I asked while gently pushing her away

"Few 3rd-year students......" she said while in tears

"they... are threatening me!"

"they.... asked me to meet them..."

"come to the west side of the basketball courts tomorrow, is what they said in the note "

"I don't wanna go, haah, but they said they will harm my friends if I don't come!"

A Malicious grin was about to erupt inside me. Clowns, all of them, literal clowns.

Time skip

I was walking towards the dorms again, analyzing what just occurred a few minutes ago. If what she said is true, then I can use it to my advantage. If I do follow along this path, it may take a load off of me, however, I did have my doubts about few 3rd years.

As I was walking past the receptionist, situated on the ground floor, I could see from the corner of my eye that she had a peculiar thing in arms reach. Intriguing, I wondered if I could find something like that on our school campus. This could make a particular person more braver while entering the abyss.