chapter 3

Nagumo's POV
(This takes place 20 minutes before he calls out ayanokōji)

I was talking to some of my friends while walking to school. I looked up at the sky and thought about how much of a successful person I am. I mean no one can even come close to comparing themselves with me. The atmosphere was perfect, just like myself.

"Oh, by the way did you hear about this amazing kohai?" One of my classmates said while talking to her friend

"Um.. you mean the one in class D who scored a perfect score in math?"

"Yeah"

This caught my interest, a person in class D who scored 100% in math test huh? Is it horikita? Or maybe hirata?

I joined their conversation while saying

"Really? Who is it? This is new news to my ears."

"What!? You don't know about him?"

What does she mean by him? So it's a boy huh.

"I was busy with my student council work"

"Oh really? I heard you were out with some girls in the mall."

S***

"I wasn't"

"Mhm.. ok sure"

"Tell me about that person now please"

"There is a kohai who scored 100% in the math test which was taken place for the second years"

"Oh really? What's his name?"

"Um... I forgot his name but I think he was the one who raced horikita-senpai during the sports festival"

No.

She can't be taking about him right?

"Do you mean ayanokōji-kun?"

"Yeaaaa"

"......"

I opened my phone and checked his location. My body was moving before I knew it. Some may say this is the key factor of a hero.

Ayanokōji, a person who seemed extremely normal but also seemed exceptional at the same time. The person who was acknowledged by horikita-senpai. So he was the real deal huh?

I knew he was hiding his true talents, but getting 100% in a test which even I couldn't get over 90% in when I was a second year was truly exceptional.

Horikita-senpai realised he was no ordinary man long before I did. Was I truly that bad at observation? No way right? I mean I am the best right?

While I was pondering about this I was also running towards that man.

I spotted him with ichinose, a girl who who was part of the student council and also the person who almost became my relationship partner.

I called ayanokōji out

Ayanokōji's POV

Ah s***, here we go again

"What do you want nagmo senpai?"

"I heard that you scored a perfect score in math, is it true?"

"Yes" it seems like his information gathering network died down by several steps, I had nothing to do with it of course. It's not like I threatened and offered them money.

"Interesting! None the less it would be even more of a pleasure when I bury you"

"Big talk for a incompetent man" I said while surprising myself

"Fufufufu, intresting indeed, im surprised you still didn't beg for mercy, you know that I won't hold back right?"

So... He is what you call an actual idiot huh? I thought we only had the three idiots as the actual idiots.

"Yes senpai, I hope you don't hold back, please don't disappoint me"

I could see honami surprised by our whole exchange of words. She probably didn't understand why the student council president is talking to a person like me.

"If that finishes everything you wanted to say, I will be taking my leave now senpai"

"I've finished my business with you, you may leave"

He was really a idiot if he thought I was asking his permission.

Time skip

I could see many people watching me while talking they were talking to each other about my confrontation with nagumo and also about the fact that I was walking with the most popular person of my year.

If I look back to the start of my first year and compare that to myself now, I could see a huge amount of change. I changed from having poor communication skills and no friends to poor communication and having a few friends.

"Wow ayanokōji-kun, I didn't know you and nagumo senpai knew each other. You truly are amazing! You even hid this from eveyone with out them having a single doubt"

"....."

We talked about few trivial matters after that and then split ways.

Before I reached my class, I was called out by someone.

It was Chabashira-sensei.

Why does everyone want to bother me today?