chapter 2

Sakayanagi's POV

My heart skipped a beat after hearing those words, I never thought ayanokōji-kun will ever say them! So he has finally decided to show his talents? I wonder how everyone will react to this.

Ayanokōji-kun POV

After telling her how I truly feel I turned back and started walking towards the dorms.

I've been feeling a bit bored of this regular school life for a while and I also thought it was best to show some of my capabilities now as I will actively move against nagumo in the near future. The fact that he keeps on trying to expel me is getting kinda annoying.

While I was walking towards the dorms I could sense horikita walking behind me trying to catch up. I turned a corner and stopped in my tracks. I was waiting for horikita to arrive. Horikita arrived seconds later, when she saw me standing against a wall looking at her, she got a little surprised for a split second before she had her normal Stern expression.

"You truly are incredible ayanokōji-kun, I knew you were a genius but getting 100% is way higher than my expectations, I think I understand now why my brother held you in such high regards"

"Horikit-"

"Yes I have accepted the fact that I lost, I called nagumo-senpai to book an appointment with him in person so I can ask him whether I can join the council or not. I will try my best to join but if I can't-"

"Horikita I had a change of heart, if you want to join the council join it, if you don't want to join that's fine too, forget about the conditions of our deal. I personally will be joining the council"

"What!" Horikita said in a rather unusual tone

"I ment what I said, I will be joining the student council"

"....." She just stared at me as if she just heard something she never expected to hear

Was it really that unexpected? I wonder why they seem so shocked.

"The marks I got in my math test will anyway attract attention from all the grades, there is no point trying to live a normal school life again. Already I can see 17 people glancing at us wondering what we are talking about."

"So will you be leading class D from now on?"

"Not completely but I will be participating in class more, anyway we should split up for now, this topic shouldn't be talked about in a public place like this"

"Hmm that's true, how about we continue our conversation another time"

"Sure, goodbye"

"Goodbye"

I walked back to my room while pondering if what I'm doing is really what I wished to do. I figured it will be much easier to locate and eliminate the white room student in this way. But also I had this strange feeling I've been feeling since the time I heard about the white room student.

So this is what it feels like to get excited huh?

Time skip

I was back in my room cooking some yakitori while trying to figure out who the whiteroom student was. I had a few people in mind, but all of them were suspicious equally so I couldn't pick out the most likely one.

I finished cooking and took my yakitori to my table to eat. I checked my phone as I had switched it off for a while now. I got unexpectedly large amount of messages. I recieved the most from individuals who were part of my friend group.

Just when I was about to answer all their messages I heard someone knock my door. I got up and went to check who had visited me. It was kei. She most probably wanted the reasons why I scored 100% in math.

I invited her in and explained in detail why I chose to pick this path.

She accepted the fact that I was changing fairly easily compared to others.

"Soo..... Kiyotaka will become more popular huh?"

"Yes"

"Mhm... Incredible"

"Hmm.. ok?"

After that we talked about trivial things before she left. After saying our goodbyes, I checked my phone to answer all the messages I recieved. I'm a little surprised of the ayanokōji group, they didn't come to visit me to answer them. I guess horikita and hirata did a good job keeping my friends from stressing me out with questions.

Time skip

The next morning I woke up right in time to see the sunrise. I got up and stretched for a bit before I did my usual workout with took approximately 2 hours.

School was about to start so I packed my bag and left for my classes. When the elevator arrived at my floor I saw that one of kei's friend was already in it.

"Hi ayanokōji-kun" said Shinohara

This was surprising, whenever we crossed paths before, she acted like I didn't even exist but now she seems like she acknowledges that a person named ayanokōji existed.

"Hey"

I think she expected me to talk because she fell quite after our greetings. I didn't know exactly how to strike conversation so I kept quite. She kept on looking at me the entire elevator ride. This was very akward.

Soon I left the elevator and parted ways with her.

After entering the lobby I saw ichinose waiting for someone. I wondered who that person could be untill she saw me and started walking towards me. So she was waiting for me huh?.cool.

"Oohaayoo ayanokōji-kun"

"Hey ichinose were you waiting for someone?"

"Uhh..... No, no I was just checking my phone until I saw you"

"Is it?"

"Yeah... By the way!! you were hiding all your abilities till now preety well"

"Thanks"

"I had suspensions of this but I never paid much mind, anyway why were you hiding that you are good at math?"

"Horikita's plan"

"Um.. you did it again!! Whats with your horikita's plan excuse, stop that" she said while pouting

Cute

"....."

"Hey! Ayanokōji here"

I looked towards the direction the sound came from

It was nagumo

Ah sh**, here we go again