Chapter 51

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 51

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Jayant/ Duryodhana POV

I was standing at a balcony of the palace. I couldn't sleep, so I came here. The dark starry night was covering the city like a cloud. Nine months had been passed since I came back from Vidarbha and got that shocking news.

Flashback (9 months ago)

I entered in the city of Hastinapur on my motorbike. Karna was sitting behind me.

"Mitra, the city looked like a bit grim, don't you think?" He asked me. I had noticed it too. The people were looking at us with an unknown expression. They were looking at me, and then whispering among themselves. I thought that I heard the word 'Yuvraaja' once.

"Mitra, I need to go home. Mata and Pitashri must be worried." Radheya said to me. I nodded to him, when suddenly I saw a horseman coming towards us. It was my brother Yuyutsu.

Yuyutsu saw us too and he came in front of us. He dismounted from his horse and crossed his hands.

"Jyesth Bhrata! I am so glad that you are back. Pranipat, Angraaj Karna."

I curiously looked at his face. Though he was trying to mask his expression, I noticed the sadness.

"Yuyutsu, do you want to say something?" I asked him.

Tears came into his eyes, "Jyesth, it seems like some dark omen has covered our kingdom. Kakishri Kunti and her sons are no more!"

"Yuyutsu, are you out of your bloody mind?" I was shocked to my core.

"Jyesth, I wish that before hearing that news, I could lose my mind. But, it is true. The Pandavas and Kakishri were living in a hut in Varnavat. That hut caught fire in the night, and they all burned to ashes."Yuyutsu started crying.

I dismounted my motorcycle and came in front of him. I grabbed his two shoulders with my hands.

"Yuyutsu, I am telling this to you once and only once. Those half-devtas can't die. I know they are alive."

Yuyutsu looked at me. His face had a shocking expression.

"Let's go to the palace. Karna, you take Yuyutsu's horse and go home. Yuyutsu, come with me."

"Mitra, if you need me, just send a message." Karna said. Then he mounted the horse and went towards his home. Yuyutsu rode with me, and both of us came back to the palace. The palace was deep drowned in sadness. When Maharaja Dhritarashtra and Maharani Gandhari got the news of my arrival, they were overjoyed. Both of them hugged me and cried together. They were deeply hurt after the so called 'death' of Kakishri and Pandavas. But I firmly told them that those half-devtas could not die. They were shocked but my will was strong like Himalayas.

"Putra, Tatshri locked himself in his room from last three days. The shock of the news.....it was too much for him." Maharaja Dhritarashtra said to me.

"They are alive, Pitashri. I want you to put this information inside your head. Now let me go to Pitamah." I turned my head and saw Kakashri Vidura coming inside.