Chapter 3

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 3

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Jayant/ Duryodhana POV

After leaving the temple, I came to my room. Mahadev's boon and blessings really landed me into Dwapar Yuga, in Mahabharata. The first person in this Yuga whom I met after coming in here was my brother, Dussasana.

Yes, they are now my brothers too. Now, I am the eldest Kaurava. I choose to live as Duryodhana, so now I have to accept my every single duty.

"But, what to do about the Pandava's?" A part of my mind questioned.

"They have a lot of people for taking care of them. Every single one in the palace would be fawning over them, be it Bhishma, Kripacharya, Guru Dronacharya, Vidura. The Kaurava's have only me, Dhritarashtra, Gandhari and...and Shakuni!!!"

I jumped from my bed.

"Bloody Hell!! How could I forget him? This one man is literally the root cause of everything. Ok Jayant, calm down. You are a commando. You are not hot-headed. Slow down and think about it."

Suddenly I heard a voice.

"Jyesth Bhrata? Are you alright?" (Jyesth = elder, bhrata = brother)

Bloody hell again! I forgot that Dussasana and Vikarna were also present in the room. I looked at Dussasana, who asked me the question.

"I am fine, anuj. Don't worry." I answered him. (Anuj = younger brother)

After waking up in Mahabharata, I felt a pull inside my head. Then in a moment, memories were generated inside my brain. These are the memories of Duryodhana. When I woke up in Hastinapur, I was astonished to find that I could speak and understand Sanskrit fluently. This must be the blessings of Mahadev.

When I first met Dussasana, I could not find any amount of evilness in him. No, in front of me, there was just a thirteen year old kid standing. Dussasana, Vikarna and I slept in the same room. The other ninety seven brothers slept in nine rooms in front of my room.

I took my two brothers with me for a bath in the holy Ganga River, and then I came to the Shiva temple in the palace. I could not break my habit of chanting the 'Shiva Tandava', be in Kali Yuga or in Dwapar Yuga.

Then I met Bhishma and Kripacharya in the temple. When I first saw the Mahamahim Bhishma, I was literally awestruck. The eyes of him, well they had something in it.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a woman's voice.

"Maharani Gandhari wants to see you, Kumar." (Kumar = Prince)

A palace maid was standing in front of me. When I looked at her face, her identity flashed in my mind. She is Sugada, the chief maid of Mata Gandhari.

I stood up from my bed, "Let's go!"

Sugada looked at me from up to down. Then she crossed her hands and said,

"Forgive me Kumar, but don't you think you are dressed properly?" She said.