Chapter 36

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 36

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Nakul POV

"What are we doing?" I asked...No actually hissed to my twin. Seriously, I could not think a good reason for what we were doing now. Both of us were hiding in a bush, and watching the Kauravas training for the upcoming war.

Sahdeva, who was silently sitting beside me, hissed.

"Watch them silently, Nakul."

From the last three days, I noticed Sahdeva sneaking out from us. Today, I followed him and saw him hiding in the bush and watching the training of our cousins. Bhrata Duryodhana was practicing archery with Angraaj and Ashwatthama. Dussasan and Yuyutsu were practicing with spear. Some other Kauravas were running in the ground in a circular path.

"I still can't understand why we are watching them. They were practicing with weapons. We can also practice with our brothers." I asked him. My voice became a little louder than usual.

"Don't shout!!" Sahdeva hissed angrily. But then, suddenly I heard the sound of a bowstring. I turned my head, and saw Bhrata Duryodhana pointing his bow towards the bush. In a moment, I saw an arrow coming towards me.

It was not a common arrow; it was a 'Naagpaash". I tried to dodge the Naagpaash, but it was way faster. In a moment, I found myself bound tightly with it.

Sahdeva jumped out from the bush.

"Don't shoot, Bhrata. It's just us."

"Sahdeva?!" I heard Duryodhana's shocked voice, "What are you doing in the bush? Is Nakul there with you?"

"Yes Bhrata. You tied him by your Naagpaash. Please release him."

I heard Duryodhana's laughter.

"I heard a sound in the bush. Go; get your brother out of it."

I heard footsteps, and then saw my brother. But he was not alone. Angraaj Karna came with him. He had his bow in his hand. He invoked a 'Garudastra', which released me from my bounds.

I somehow stood up. The bound was really tight. I started rubbing my right biceps with my left hand. Then the three of us walked outside of the bush, and walked towards Duryodhana.

"So, the twins are here. What are you both doing here?" He asked with a grin in his face. Then suddenly, his face became hard.

"This is not the way of Kshatriyas. Though you are..." He could not finish his sentence, because Sahdeva spoke out.

"Please Bhrata, not now." He said in a soft voice.

My mind was filling up with anger. I knew that Duryodhana was again going to insult us by using our birth. But, there was something in my twin's voice that stopped my cousin.

There was an uncanny silence among us. Then suddenly, I heard my brother's voice.

"I was watching you from the last two days. Will you teach us the unarmed fighting techniques?"

I looked at my twin. He was standing in front of Duryodhana. His hands are crossed.

Duryodhana started laughing. Even Angraaj looked at him with a shocked face.