Epilogue

One year has been passed.  It was 27th of June, 2020 when I published the first chapter of 'The Gall of Gammon '.
The year 2020 will always be marked as a black year in the history of mankind.  The Corona virus pandemic shattered the whole world. It claimed millions of innocent lives. The lockdown had ceased all the activities of human life.  But during this troubling time, all of us found solace in our epics...The Ramayana and The Mahabharat.

We all have a good knowledge about our epics, but in my case, in that lockdown of 2020, I really tried to feel them with my mind, heart and soul. Then I discovered the wonderful universe of Mahabharat fanfiction in Wattpad. Those stories opened the door of a new world to me.
I started reading and enjoying them....but after sometimes it became a little bit monotonous due to a constant storyline.
All the writers here did and are doing a great job, but I felt that they are using a same plotline again and again..which is a girl from our Yuga travels in Dwapar Yuga and fall in love with one of the characters of Mahabharat.
But Mahabharat is an ocean of knowledge and the greatest thing in Mahabharat is that each and every character are grey characters. In my opinion, no one can understand Mahabharat by viewing it with the black and white point of view.

So, I had decided to write a Mahabharat time travel fanfiction, that no one thought to write. ( Please forgive me for my....what's the word....smugness???)
The result is 'The Gall of Gammon'.

I was actually afraid that my story will be rejected due to the fact that my main character is a self proclaimed hater off Sri Krishna. But you all broke my belief.
For that, I will be forever grateful to all of you.

himani1411, I want to thank you first.  Because it was you who showed me that you can still write a good fanfiction   without omitting the greyness. The Star Plus version of Mahabharat forgot that and royally messed up.

SohiniModak8, my next thanks to you for your support. Also, it was 'Dhi' that first addicted me to the fanfiction of Mahabharat.

DrKanu, thank you for promoting my story in one of your chapters. It helped me a lot. Also, thanks for your kind reply to my comment.

Melancholic_Monody, my dear little sister who loves to spam my chapters with comments.  Your comments are as cheerful as you.

1111kareena1111, thanks for staying with me from the first. Your comments gave me the will and strength to write.

MeuzaMay, how could I forget you, who wrote the first comment of this story? You will always have a special place in the world of The Gall of Gammon.

DrauniPriya, you shared a lot of valuable information in your comments.  I hope you keep sharing and enlightening me.

spiritual08, your comments are heartfelt.  Thank you for appreciating my work.

I know that I couldn't write a thank you note for all of you personally,  as much as I like to do. But each and every vote and comment in my story touches my heart. So I like to ask forgiveness and say thank you to all of you.

Now, about the second part:

At first I thought to make a single book.  But while writing, I understood that The Mahabharat of 18 parvas, with more than one hundred thousand shlokas, can't be contained in one book . So I have decided to make it a trilogy.

The second part of my Gammon series,  'The Wrath of Gammon ' will be published from 15th October 2021.

I apologize for the gap,but my job exams, which were postponed due to the Covid pandemic, are now starting. So I can't properly focus in my writing. So I am taking this little gap. In October,  I will be back with the second installment.

Again,  many many thanks to all of my readers.

At last, a special thanks to KuruFamily who had honored me by declaring my story as the winner of writers calibre awards in mythology genre.

Thank you all. Stay safe, stay protected,  keep social distancing and take the vaccine as soon as possible.

Adieu

Sourobengal.