Chapter Five

This story contains matured content, read at your own risk. (18+) 

Gael immediately packed his things after his professor dismissed the class. He has a training today and he'll be late if he won't move faster.

"Sorry!" he apologized when he bumped in to some students.

Nagmamadali si Gael hanggang sa makarating sa locker room. Nang buksan niya ang pinto, naabutan niya ang kanyang coach at halos lahat ng kanyang teammates, kahit si Oliver ay naroroon na.

Lahat ng atensyon ng mga ito ay napunta sa kanya. Nigla ay bumilis ang pagtibok ng kanyang puso.

"Finally, you're here," their coach said in a serious tone. Gael looked at Oliver and he got an idea of what's happening.

"Would you like to tell us something, Gael?" his coached asked.

"Coach..." Hindi alam ni Gael ang kanyang sasabihin.

"Gael, you know it is prohibited to join in that kind of competition. You're a known swimmer, are you not aware about that?" mariin at seryosong saad ng kanyang coach. Napayuko naman si Gael. He was actually expecting that their coach will find out what he and Oliver did last night.

"Sorry, coach," nahihiyang sagot ni Gael.

"Gael, you know the consequences of your actions. You are a scholar, and the organization might not want you to play if they see something wrong about it. Inilagay niyong dalawa ni Oliver ang sarili niyo sa alanganin."

"Coach, it was my fault," biglang sumingit si Oliver.

"Obviously! Gael won't do something like that, Oliver! At nagtataka ako kung ano ang pinakain mo kay Gael para sumama siya sa'yo roon!" 

"If there's someone who should be accountable, it would definitely be me, Coach," ani Oliver.

"C—Coach may kasalanan din po ako. Nagpumilit din naman po akong sumali," Gael interrupted them. Napatingin naman sa kanya si Oliver habang kunot ang noo.

Their coach sighed and massaged his temple.

"Guys, you are all here because I want to remind you that you always have to be aware of your actions even though you think people won't find out. The technology today is faster than yesterday," paala ng kanilang coach sa kanilang lahat.

"Yes, I'm proud that you both won. Gael was even faster given that he came from a practice. He still managed to win it and Oliver as well. But those kind of achievements are fine to celebrate if you think you didn't do something wrong. It's a violation and I don't want to compromise your skills because of your actions. Nalalapit na ang laban at kailangang nasa kundisyon kayo. One of our biggest hope is you Gael and Oliver."

"Coach, it won't happen again I promise," said Oliver calmly.

"Kung sa akin, I can let it pass. But I still need to explain it to our President. Lalo ka na Gael dahil scholar ka."

Hindi naman nakasagot si Gael. He's fidgeting and overthinking again.

"Gael, are you okay?" Napaangat naman si Gael ng tingin sa kanyang coach.

"Sorry, coach."

"I'll talk to you and Oliver after the training. For now, change your clothes," sabi nito at lumabas ng locker room.

"Well, if I swim that fast I'd also join that competition. Too bad I'm not a mermaid," narinig ni Gael na sabi ng isang niyang teammate.

"Maybe if I'm also gay, I can swim like that," sabat ng kausap nito at nagtawanan. Pakiramdam naman ni Gael ay bigla siyang nanliit sa mga sinasabi ng mga ito sa kanya.