Chapter 2: Welcome to Beacon

Bassetts: "Seems that guy Qrow has a friend who wanted to meet your Papa, so I guess you'll go to see him and maybe they'll ask for your help with something... but if you don't want to help them, you can always come and find me!"

Y/N: "... a new role? But you are very kind Ms. Bassetts, just like my Papa said."

Bassetts: "Thank you dear, I appreciate that more than you know... I suppose you'll need my full name if you ever need to find me later. I'm Bassetts... Bassetts Politan. It's been truly fantastic to finally meet you Y/N Sorbet."

*TIMESKIP*

Pilot: "Alright Ms. Politan, this is your stop for now, there'll be a connecting flight to take you to Atlas from here."

Bassetts: "Ah, well I suppose its about time I catch up with my old friends from the village! I wonder how they're all doing?"

Y/N: "Fare-... Farewell?"

Bassetts: "Yes, I suppose this is goodbye for now. It was nice to finally meet you Y/N! I'm sure your Papa is very proud of who you've become, and I look forward to hearing more about you on the news! Haha!"

Y/N: "Thank you, I will do my-... my best?"

Qrow: "That's the plan. Move it along Politan, we can't keep these airships waiting around forever."

Bassetts: "So pushy! I'm going, I'm going!"

Qrow: "Also, we know where you're being placed, so if Y/N ends up turning down the old man then we can send them your way."

Bassetts: "Ah, well that's a comfort to this old ladies heart! I suppose I should make myself sparse before the pilots start yelling at me too! But here, please take these letters Y/N: one of them is for you, the other... well, the other is for my granddaughter!"

Y/N: "... Ok."

Bassetts: "Well... tata for now you two!"

Y/N: "Good- Goodbye."

Qrow: "hic About time... alright Pilot, get us to Beacon!"

Pilot: "Yes, sir!"

. . .

Qrow: "Hey Kid, you ever had a good drink?"

Y/N: "A... good drink? Papa had a well, I kept well clean so water always safe."

Qrow: "Nah, I don't mean hic water. I'm talking about booze... hic alcohol. You never had any Kid?"

Y/N: "Booze? No. Alcohol... Papa said Alcohol was for cleaning wounds, Papa never said you could drink it..."

Qrow: "Shame, you coulda done with some. The stuff's great... for numbing pains, not just cleaning them. hic I'd offer you some, but you're about to meet the old man, and it'd probably not leave the best first impression... plus you're still just a kid."

Pilot: "Hey! You two back there! Beacon's just coming into view, it's definitely worth a look if this is your first time here!"

Qrow: "Eh... I've seen it from a bird's eye view too many times at this point... but uh- you should probably take a look kid. Look out that window there."

Y/N: "Ok."

"