Chapter 11: To Duel & Dance

Flashback Neo: [It's... complicated. But all you need to know is that you might get hurt if you stay. And I don't want you to get hurt, so you have to promise me you'll leave when that time comes, okay?]

It had been a good while since you had gotten that warning from Neo, about having to leave Beacon Academy before some unspoken issue were to arise. And since that day, you had found yourself getting a late night visit from Neo at least twice a week — usually on days where Blake had also made a visit to your room to read in peace during the afternoon.

One thing that did have to be explained away though, was on Blake's very next visit over after Neo's first surprise visit, and Blake had noticed that your bed was now conjoined with another and forming a super bed. Blake had been very inquisitive about it, as it was only the night before that she had visited last time and it wasn't like that then; and she knew that you were not really the type of person to really seek out these types of comforts...

Neo had given you an excuse for you to use because, as she put it, Blake is 'a cat who gets her nose in everything, and is so curious that it'll get her killed someday.' And so you used Neo's excuse of overhearing a merchant in town mentioning a supposed 'queen-sized bed' and you had read into it at the library and realised you could make your own quite easily seeing as you had no partners.

Blake took that excuse quite well, with no reason to doubt you as you had never seemingly lied to her before. But even still, it was such a small white lie, surely it didn't matter that you were lying? The only thing it was keeping a secret was that Neo was now paying you a visit on-campus, and that's not such a bad thing... right?

Over the next few weeks, it turned out that Blake was quite a fan of this change, as she went from relaxing on one of the spare beds that were still only a single bed to eventually weaning onto your bed. Nowadays she'd curl up at the foot of the double bed and read her book there whilst you would be perched up at the top where the pillows normally were.

And then, once Blake had left for the night to head back to her own dorm, that was when you would hear a knock at your window. To which you'd then find Neo standing outside with an expectant look on her face and a stomping of her feet whilst she angrily pointed at the locked door that she couldn't get through without breaking in.

But now, several days later, you were now walking alongside Team RWBY and some other friends throughout the now bustling Beacon Academy, with many foreign students now roaming the halls and talking amongst each other.

Y/N: "Loud... So very loud..."

Ruby: "Oh, you think so? Oh, but isn't that just great! There are so many new students here, so many new weapons to see, and so many Semblances to watch in action. Ah, this Vytal Festival is just going to be the best thing ever!!"

Blake: "Ehh, I think I'm going to agree with Y/N on this. *yawn* It's just way too loud now, I can barely hear myself think."

Weiss: "I'm surprised you even have the capacity to think, the state that you're in. When was the last time you got a good night's rest?"

Blake: "... That doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is results, and—"

Yang: "Yeah, yeah. We get it. But what do you think you're going to accomplish on your own when you can barely keep your eyes open nowadays?!"

Blake: ". . ."

Nora: "You don't need sleep to stay awake, you just need sugar! Quick Ren! Get us some pancakes with syrup pronto!"