Chapter 10: Under Her

'DO NOT OPEN UNTIL YOU'RE ENTIRELY ALONE'

That's what the envelope had plastered on it, the envelope that Neo had given you earlier today. And not only did she write this instruction on the envelope, but when she had handed it to you she also wrote it clear as day for you on her Scroll.

Neo: [Here. I wrote you a letter too. But this one's a secret, okay? You can't tell anyone what it says inside, and you can't open it until you're back in your room... And that damned girl isn't in there with you!]

By that, she then clarified that she meant Blake. As she seemed to somehow know that Blake was staying in your room to read alongside you late into the nights. And tonight was no exception.

You had returned from your trip to Vale and managed to make your way all the way back to the hallway of dorms without being intercepted or noticed by anybody who knows you. But the moment you were standing outside your door, with key in hand to unlock it, that's when you noticed a figure appear out of the shadowy corner nearby.

Blake: "Hey. You were gone for quite a while."

Y/N: "Yes. I was having the long talk with friend. We are not seeing each other often, so there is always a lot of the talking."

Blake: "Well, you look to be in a pretty good mood. So it must have been a fun time... You mind me crashing again for a bit tonight?"

Y/N: "Crashing...? Oh, yes, I remember. You 'crash' in my room by sitting on bed and hiding from your team, yes?"

Blake: "Eh. Close enough! So, do you mind?"

Y/N: "I... I am supposing that this is okay. But..."

Blake: "If it's a bad time, you're allowed to say no. I won't mind."

Y/N: "... No. It is okay. There is not a need for rushing. I can wait until the moon is higher."

Blake: "Well... if you're sure?" I won't turn it down.

Y/N: "Mhm. Yes. You can come inside."

Blake: "... thanks."

You'd then finished unlocking the door, with the key you still had in your hand, and then you pushed the door open and did the gesture with your hands that Weiss had taught you when you were failing to understand her intentions. For when you wanted to usher somebody into a room... although certainly the person you're directing this action to would rather it be referred to as inviting them in or something akin to that, instead of ushering them in like some sort of animal...

Though you only used the gesture that Weiss had taught you, and not the words that she had said, of which can give an entirely different meaning to what you were intending. And because of that, fortunately Blake saw it as you had intended it to be, just an invitation inside, and she walked past you and into your room to which you then shut the door behind you both and headed for your bed as she went for the one she normally relaxed on.

* * *

A couple hours had passed, and the last dwindling rays of sunlight was now starting to ebb away in favour of the rising moon's light. And it seemed that Blake had noticed this and was starting to pack away her things ready to leave and head back to her own dorm.

Blake: "You know, you've been getting really good at speaking lately Y/N. It's nice to see someone trying so hard to learn something... or at least someone who isn't Weiss."