Chapter 3: Initiation

*OZPIN'S POV*

Y/N: "hmm... very green. Just like home with Papa..."

Ozpin: "If it wasn't this green then we may not be able to call it the Emerald Forest any more!"

Qrow: "Still can't believe you're making them do this..."

Ozpin: "I hardly twisted young Y/N's arm, they seem quite interested in testing their mettle after what must have been quite a long few years without feedback or a mentor."

Qrow: "...-nothing wrong with letting them have a night's rest first though... *glug*"

Ozpin: "Qrow. Please, I must insist you resist the urge to drink such beverages on the school grounds."

Qrow: *glug* "Eh, I got nothin' better to do, thought I'd come and watch but I was feeling a bit parched..."

Ozpin: "sigh"

* * *

Ozpin: "If you wouldn't mind, could you stand right there Y/N?"

Y/N: "Stand here?"

Ozpin: "Yes, thank you. That's perfect."

Y/N: "...Where are Grimm? I see none here."

Ozpin: "Ah. Well, this is but the spectator's stand, the Grimm you are to face will be down there- below this cliff. But I'm not asking you to go in there and just kill Grimm... no, I would rather you search these forests for a ruin of sorts. And within these ruins, you will find a small Relic. I want you to return here with that Relic- that is your mission."

Qrow: "You got that, kid?"

Y/N: "... Climb down into forest, find 'rahlic' in a 'rooin' and bring it back here. Kill all Grimm in the way. Correct?"

Ozpin: "Mostly... although I never said anything about climbing down into the forest..."

*FWOOSH!*

That was the noise of Y/N, being launched past both Qrow and Ozpin, far out and incredibly high above the forest floor.

Qrow: "Surely you get a kick out of that, otherwise why else would you insist on launching everyone you meet of this damned cliff!"

Ozpin: "It is beneficial to see how one would react when they are forced to think on their feet."

Qrow: "But their feet are miles up in the sky!"

Ozpin: "True."

* * *

Ozpin: "I don't believe you ever mentioned what weapon our new friend uses, did you?"