Chapter 6: Everyone has a story

???: "HEY YOU!"

You and Neo had just been minding your own business, sitting down and enjoying a couple of ice creams together, when a loud voice called out to you

Neo seemed to notice the trouble straight away and pulled out her umbrella, opening it to shield herself from being spotted and recognised, but leaving you visible...

Looking over at the source, you realise it is the same trio of thugs who you had encountered in the alleyway whilst escorting Mint to safety a week ago.

Thug Boss: "Yeah I'm talking to you, you lying punk!"

Neo: ...

Y/N: "You talking at me? I not understand why...?"

Thug Grunt: "You sent us on a wild goose chase, that's why!"

Y/N: "Goose chase? I never saw gooses though?"

Thug Boss: "... Wise guy eh? That's not gonna save you from gettin' clobbered in front of your little girlfriend!"

Thug Grunt: "Nyahaha! Make him pay boss! And make her watch!"

Thug Boss: "Hey little Missy, d'you think we can't see you just because you're hiding underneath that umbrella? Why don't you show that pretty face of yours so you can see us bust up this kid's face real bad!"

Thug Grunt: "Nyahahaha! We'll bust it up real bad!"

Despite the invitation, Neo's umbrella stayed out in a deployed state, keeping herself out of vision.

Neo: ...

Thug Boss: "Ha! One's a joker and the other's flat out ignoring us! What a pair of punchable punks!"

Thug Grunt: "Nyahahaha! Punchable punks! Good one boss!"

Thug Boss: "I don't normally beat up little girls, but if you don't put that umbrella down by the count of three, I'm going to pummel you to a pulp. Nobody ignores me! Nobody!"

Y/N: "Is that... threat?"

Thug Grunt: "Not just a threat- a promise!"

Y/N: "I see... so you are threat."

Thug Boss: "Oho! Going to protect your little girlfriend are ya? Go on then ya little pipsqueak! Try it!"

You then attempted to get up, but you felt a hand on your shoulder, pressing you back down... it was Neo?!

Neo then stood up, with her umbrella still covering her face, and took a couple steps towards the thugs.

Thug Boss: "Oooh! Look at little miss 'I can fight my own battles' over here! I won't go easy on you just 'cause yer a girl ya know!"

Neo then lifted the umbrella away from her face and dropped it down to her side, revealing her identity to the encroaching thugs.. and that evil grin on her face... she looks real peeved to have been interrupted from enjoying her frozen treat!