Parting Ways, aka, I Knew Drax Snored, But Not This Much!

A/N: To whomever made that ^^^, now I won't either. And I'm extremely happy about it! 😁 Also, for this chapter, (Y/SN) means your ship name.

Even from my room, I can hear Nebula explode.

"You're leaving me with that fox?!"

"He's not a fox," I call back across the ship without thinking.

There's some more chatting, probably Gamora comforting Groot and telling Rocket to shoot Nebula. I get a little side tracked when Drax suddenly appeared in my doorway.

"Dude!" I yelp in surprise, "You're as bad as Groot! I swear, if you two teach Peter..."

"My apologies for frightening you, Female Quill."

"Why are you in my room, Drax?"

"I am not in your room. That would be an invasion of privacy! I am merely standing outside of it."

"Okay, sure. Why are you outside my room?"

"I would like to apologize for, as you Terrans say, yeeting you."

I snort with laughter. "Hey, Peter! Come quick!"

Drax frowns as Peter comes running in the room. "What is the matter, Female Quill?"

"Oh, nothing. Just need his help packing. Anyway, could you repeat that Drax? I couldn't quite hear over the clamor downstairs."

"Of course, my friend. I would like to apologize for, as you Terrans say, yeeting you."

"Oh my God, that's priceless! I should have recorded it!" Peter laughs.

"I know, right?!"

Drax just looks at us, confused.

"Is there a reason you three are taking so long?!"

"Sorry, Gamora," Peter and I chorus. Then we all make our way back up to the front of the ship. Peter and Drax chat, while I trail behind them.

"What if the Sovereign come?"

"There's no way for them to know we're here. Let's go."

"I'm uncertain about parting ways."

"God, you're like an old woman."

I snicker.

"Because I'm wise?"

I open my mouth, ready with a witty retort, but Gamora beats me to it, stopping the fight before it starts via the art of changing the subject.

"Why do you have so much luggage?"

"I don't want Groot playing with my things."

"My Sproutlet?! Never!" I fake shock.

"I am Groot!" Groot gives Drax big, adorable puppy dog eyes.

"See! I knew you were perfectly innocent!" I laugh, before sliding Groot a much more subtle wink than Rocket probably even thinks is possible. He giggles along with me, both of us knowing that Groot isn't quite that innocent, and that I'm not entirely not guilty either. Once, in fact, we superglued all of Drax's things to the walls and blamed it on Rocket. Ah, good times.

~Rocket's POV~

Great.

Just perfectly freakin' great.