Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Nueve (Por Una Mujer)

Planning the party for the hotel had served to keep all of us busy during our stay in Vegas. Vanessa had taken it upon herself to take the lead while the rest of us assisted her with whatever she needed help with.

I didn't mind, I already had my hands full with taking care of Kike so the time I did spend helping my friends was a good distraction from the constant worry I had when I thought about Agent Hayes.

As per Vanessa's orders I had to keep all my interactions with Gavin cordial and with a fake smile on my face. Anytime we needed his assistance I made sure to keep a professional and friendly attitude with him. This obviously came as a surprise to the jokester Italian which encouraged him to intentionally up his game and continue to say joking remarks to get a reaction out of me.

It took a lot from me not to snap back at him, but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction to think he won.

We were two days away from the grand opening party and everything was set and ready for the big night. Only a few minor details that needed to be checked. Vanessa had said today would be the night we got our payback. She had refused to share any details about her plan with any of us insisting that she had taken care of everything and we would just have to follow her lead.

I was on my way to meet up with my friends in Sofia's suite to finally hear what we would have to do from Nessa when I ran into Luca who was on his way down to the lobby.

"I've heard from Gavin that you and the girls have done a marvelous job" the Italian boss walked up to me while fixing the Rolex on his wrist.

He was dressed in a black button up long sleeve shirt that was tucked in to black dress up pants. Dressed to the nine, business as always.

I smiled at him. At least Gavin had been putting in a good word for us to Luca. "I'll make sure to let my friends know you're pleased with their work."

"And Gavin?" he asked, putting his hand in his pocket. "I take it he's been on his best behavior?"

"I've had no problem with him."

"I know he can be a pain in the ass and a loud mouth, but he's a good guy." Luca said sincerely.

Gavin had proven to be a loyal ally to us ever since we started working with the Italians officially but I have not forgiven him for what he did to me in the past. It was time to get even. I knew Vanessa had no ill intention so it would obviously be a little prank on him.

About time we gave him a taste of his own medicine.

"I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt." I crossed my arms. "I don't forgive easily, Luca"

He raised his hands up grinning. "That's all I can ask for. I promise you he was just following orders. We didn't know each other back then and he always had nothing but good things to say about you after you guys met in Mexico."

"We weren't with each other for that long." I laughed.

"But you made quite the impression." Luca smiled. "I understand him now after getting to know you better. It's very hard to find a trustworthy significant other in this business. Santi is a lucky one" he stared into my eyes, speaking sincerely.

I felt flattered. He was being totally respectful and he hadn't shown any other intention while being with me so I took his words to heart and was glad he was becoming fond of me. It was better to be friends than enemies.

"Thank you, Luca" I stepped to the side. "I should go see my friends. They're actually waiting for me right now."

He nodded, squeezing my arm as I passed his side. "I'll see you later. I'm leaving with the guys. We will be back later tonight."