Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Cuatro (Toro Encartado)

"So he wants to work with us to take down Agent Hayes?" Nessa asked with wide eyes. "Holy shit"

"I know!"

"Where's Santiago now?" Claire wondered aloud.

"Planning our trip. Apparently we're all going to Vegas" I replied.

"Pack your bags ladies! We're going to Vegas." Leo walked in with his iPhone raised up in the air. "Santi just texted me. We're leaving tonight?"

It had been a few days since our meeting with Luca Moretti.

"Will it be like last time? Do we have to go ahead of you guys?" Needs asked her boyfriend.

"No, we're all going together. Luca has some contacts in the US and we'll be able to cross over with no problem. We're taking his private plane."

"I'm going to pack my things!" Nessa got up from her seat excitedly and rushed out of the living room with Leo in tow.

"Need some help?" Claire looked down at me. It was impossible for me to get up from my seat without complaining about my back. The baby growing inside me was taking a toll on my body.

"Thank you, Claire" I took her hand and pulled myself up from the chair. Taking advantage of the fact we were alone, I decided to ask her about her brother-in-law. "Hey, what do you know about Agent Hayes?"

"Mike's brother?"

I nodded.

"They didn't grow up together because Chris lived with his dad and only visited the family during the summer. He never got along with Mike's dad, blamed him for his parent's divorce which put a wedge between him and Mike because he adored his father. When Chris was working as a cop Mike was barely working his way into the Mafia. Chris tried to persuade him to leave the Mafia but Mike wouldn't listen. It was around that time that Santi and Mike met and Chris hated Santi for influencing Mike even more. I think he blames himself for letting Mike join the bad side."

"Maybe that's why he wants to capture Santiago."

She nodded. "Santi told us what happened when you met Chris. We haven't heard from him in years, I was shocked to find out he's an agent for the CIA."

"And I think he's been doing his job well...Luca came all the way here to join forces with Santiago against Chris."

"Mike will agree with whatever route Santi takes. As I mentioned before, their family ties are basically nonexistent at this point."

Good to know. I had no idea what Mike's relationship was with his half-brother...if we were going to war against Chris Hayes and the CIA, Mike's loyalty to our Cartels was a major advantage to us.

"I should go pack my stuff and Mike's." Claire told me once we reached the top of the stairs. She went off to her bedroom and I summoned one of the maids to help me pack all my stuff and Santiago's.

*~*~*~*

Luca had managed to fly into Las Vegas ahead of us, so his crew were in charge of making sure we were well taken care of. Once the private plane landed in Las Vegas, Nevada there were two black trucks waiting for us. My brother Martin had flown in to Sinaloa a few hours before just in time to join us on our flight. Alex was still nowhere to be found so we didn't even bother to let him know of what was going on with the Italians.

Gavin greeted us as we stepped off the plane and helped me down the stairs.

"Gabriela, Don Santiago, and Don Martin...you will all be riding in the truck parked in front with Luca. The rest of you can go ahead and get in the vehicle behind it." He told the others.