Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Ocho (Padrino)

"How does it feel being a married woman?"

Sofia laughed at my question and rushed forward to engulf me in a hug. Baby Kike was awake in my arms, so he was stuck in between us.

"How does it feel being a mom?" she returned back at me, bending down to beam at my son who stared back at her.

Daniel and Sofia had arrived in Las Vegas from their honeymoon without a problem. Vanessa had arranged for a celebratory dinner to welcome them back. She had gotten the hotel's chief to cook up a feast for everyone gathered at a dining hall. Sofi asked to hold Kike and her husband Daniel was immediately at her side excited to meet our family's new addition in person for the first time.

"He is Santiago's twin with darker hair." Daniel said grabbing Kike's little hand in his. "A Bustamante without a doubt."

My son was changing with every passing day and some of his physical features seemed to slowly become more defined. His eyes still remained the deep ocean blue color he shared with his father but his hair was getting darker. A Romano family trait, no less.

"Hey, hey! The Romano genes are strong too" my brother called from where he was sitting next to Luca at the dining table. "Look at that beautiful dark brown hair, he's going to be a ladies' man, my nephew."

The kitchen staff walked out to serve our food. That was a cue for Fanny to step in and take Kike up to my suite for his nap. When my parents had come to meet Kike at the clinic they had brought Fanny along with them all the way from Reynosa to help me take care of my son when I had other things to do. She was a well trusted nanny of the family who had worked for my parents for years. She had gladly agreed to work with me to help me with my baby boy and I was forever grateful.

"Cualquier cosa que necesites no dudes en venir a avisarme, por favor." I gently handed her Kike and gave him a small kiss. (Let me know if you need anything, please)

"Claro que si, niña Gabriela." She replied. (Of course, Gabriela)

I watched her step out of the room and then went to take a seat next to Santi who was engrossed in conversation with Luca who was sitting across from him. Joining us for the dinner were Sofia, Daniel, Vanessa, Leo, Claire, Mike, and my brother Martin. Everyone was just catching up with each other and asking the newly married couple about their trip.

"I've been meaning to ask you too about the hotel's opening party coming up." I said to my boyfriend and Luca. "If you guys need any help organizing the event the girls and I would be glad to help out with that."

"Really? I think Gavin would appreciate that actually." Luca raised his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes at the mention of Gavin's name and he laughed at my reaction.

"You don't like him very much," he stated.

"He was the one who kidnapped me, remember?"

Lucas shrugged. "In this business you tend to form very complicated relationships with the people around you. I promise you Gavin means no harm."

Santi gave me a look saying "it's up you".

I pressed my lips together. "I guess I can work with him. How can we help?"

"He's been working with an event planner that's made everything easier for him but if you girls could take over for him and just make sure that everything is going accordingly that would free him to take care of other stuff for us." Luca explained. "If you need any help you can go to him for guidance."

"I know they can handle it" Santi interjected, taking my hand. "They were able to plan a whole wedding." He said referring to Sofia's wedding.

Which reminded me of my brother's suggestion for Kike's baptism.