Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Seis (Over My Dead Body)

"Donde esta el niño mas hermoso del mundo?" my mom walked into the room and walked past me and over to the bed where baby Kike was laying on the hospital bed. "Aqui esta!" (Where's the most beautiful baby in the world? Here he is!)

My parents and Don Ernesto Bustamante had arrived at the clinic in Las Vegas the day after I gave birth. The doctor and staff had been extra attentive and helpful during our stay and he had already allowed me to go home after making sure both my son and I were in good condition. I suspected part of why he let us go so fast is because everyone in the clinic is terrified of the men keeping an eye around the place. The nurses who walked into my room always looked terrified to do something wrong, especially when they saw that Santi was in the room.

Santiago had been so helpful throughout the whole process; he had helped me by changing Kike into his new clothes so that I could change into the clothes my mother had brought with her from the hotel.

"You're going to spoil our grandson and sooner than you think we're going to have a troublemaker in our hands." Don Ernesto chastised my mother. He was sitting next to my father having a coffee on the couch in the corner of the room.

"He's the first grandson on both sides of the family, of course he's going to be spoiled." My father laughed.

"I got the car seat. We can start heading out." Santi walked into the room and placed the car seat on the bed.

"It's time for us to go." Mom walked over to me and placed the baby in my arms.

"What if I need help with Kike? You should come with us so that I won't panic if I don't know what to do." She had been so helpful by teaching me all the things I had to to to make sure Kike was okay, anytime I didn't know how to handle a situation she knew exactly what to do to make my son feel better.

She was like the baby whisperer.

"You'll be fine, Gabriela. You need to learn how to be on your own with Kike. You can call me if you need anything."

"I'll help out, babe." Santi stood behind me and squeezed my shoulder reassuringly.

The grandparents walked out of the room, leaving me and Santi to finish getting ready and gather all our belongings. Once we were all set Santi carried our son in his car seat and hung the diaper bag over his shoulder. Since I couldn't carry any heavy stuff that left me with just carrying my purse and the baby blanket my parents had gifted to Kike.

*~*~*~*~*

"I can't believe I missed the birth! He's so cute!" Sofia grinned from the laptop screen placed in front of me. I was showing Kike off to her and her husband, Daniel on the webcam. Nessa had called them to let them know about the birth of the baby and they had demanded to FaceTime with us as soon as I got back to the hotel from the clinic.

"His facial features are all like Santiago." Daniel said.

"That's what everyone keeps telling me." I rolled my eyes. "I don't mind though, he's going to be handsome like his dad."

"How excited was Tio Ernesto?" Daniel aske about his uncle.

"Oh he was over the moon!" Nessa answered for me. "When they arrived to the hotel he didn't even want to rest for one bit. Mr. and Mrs. Romano were the same."

"I can't wait to carry him in my arms!" Sofia gushed.

"When will you guys be back from your honeymoon?"

"Next week" Daniel replied. "Sofia wants to go meet baby Kike so we're cutting the honeymoon a bit short. And I have to get back to work to help the guys move things faster so that we can all head back to Sinaloa."

We continued talking to them for a few more minutes and then said our goodbyes to let them go back to enjoying their time as newlyweds. Claire walked in with a big smile on her face.

"I came to take over and take little Kike with me." She said.

"What? Where?"

"You need to get some sleep, Gabby. You haven't gotten much sleep since last night. Claire and I can watch over Kike while you get some rest." Nessa took my son in her arms and stood next to Claire.

"You have to come get me if he needs anything" I said to my friends.

"Will do." Claire and Nessa walked out of the room with the baby. I got under the covers of the bed and closed my eyes, only to open them once again when I heard someone else walk into the room. 

Santi.

"Hey babe" I smiled. He walked to his side of the bed and joined me under the covers, he looked just as tired as I did. He had been awake the whole night taking care of me and his son. He needed to get some sleep too.

"Let's get some sleep while we can" he cuddled next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist. "I'm glad to have your mom and friends help us out during these first few days."

"Thank you for being so attentive and helpful with Kike" I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you for giving birth to our son. You've given me the greatest gift, a baby boy that I will love forever and that gives me reason for living. I love you."

*~*~*~*

I woke up four hours later to find that Santiago was gone, probably to get some work done. I changed into some comfortable clothes and walked out of my suite and down to the lobby to find my friends gathered in the private meeting room. Kike was sleeping in Santi's arms.

"What's going on here?" I asked the group.

"We're talking about renting a place for all of us to stay at while Luca and I get things started with this new hotel. We can't have the baby staying here once we start having guests."

"How long do you think we will have to stay here in Nevada?" I asked, taking a seat next to my boyfriend.

"I don't know..." he looked at Luca for an answer.

"It shouldn't be more than three or four months. I just want us to get used to the hang of things around here so that we can know how to take care of everything. We'll have to be checking in on this new business every once in a while once things start running the way they should." Luca explained.

"What about Chris and his CIA puppets?" Claire wondered aloud.

"Your husband knows him best, with his help we'll find a way to control him and keep him off our backs." Santi said referring to, Mike's familiar ties with the CIA agent.

"In the meantime you girls should lead normal lives, you can go out and do whatever you want. We'll make sure to keep you protected, we just want him to see that you have nothing to hide." Luca said to us.

I glanced over at Nessa and we shared a small grin. We had been waiting for this for the longest time. It was good to be back in the U.S. and be able to go out whenever we wanted, while we were in Mexico we had been secluded for so long, but that was because in Mexico there were so many enemies that wanted to attack the cartels. On this side of the border it was much harder for their enemies to do anything without catching the attention of the American authorities.

"Don't have to tell us twice, my friend." Nessa, said eagerly. "We have tons of things to do!"

"You have to be careful now that we have Kike, though..." Santi said to me. "You have to keep him with you at all times when you're out. I'll always have guards with you but your priority is to keep yourself and our son safe."

"Of course." I nodded. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Now that I had my baby with me I couldn't imagine life without Kike Bustamante. I wouldn't let anything or anyone harm my son. Over my dead body.

Oh boy. Things are about to get real! There's a new heir to protect.

What do y'all think so far? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS :)