Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Tres (El Karma)

On the day of the meeting with the Italians I was a nervous wreck. My palms were sweaty, my body movements were shaky and my heartbeat was out of control. Santiago did his best to keep me calm but his efforts were useless.

"If you don't feel okay I think it's best that I go by myself" he stood behind me and massaged my shoulders.

"No!" I turned away from the full-length mirror where I was fixing my necklace and gave a nervous smile. "I feel fine, I'm just nervous that's all."

"I'll protect you if they try anything, the guards and I came up with an escape plan if things go wrong."

Santi and Luca had agreed to meet in a restaurant located in the outskirts of Culiacan. Santiago had already made some calls and gotten the place to shut down so that we could have the whole restaurant to ourselves. No interruptions.

I walked over to our bed and he helped me put on my black flats and then gave me a hand to help me up, it was getting harder for me to move around with my big belly.

I'd decided to wear some casual blue jeans with a blue tube top shirt, while Santi wore a white button up shirt neatly tucked into his blue cowboy jeans. My boyfriend looked good in anything. Unlike me, Santi looked fearless he oozed confidence, and it made me proud to have him by my side.

There was a knock on our bedroom door letting us know that the guards were ready to go. I followed Santi and we walked downstairs where our driver was waiting for us outside the mansion.

*~*~*

We were the first to arrive to the restaurant so we quickly entered the building and Santi ordered our men to set up a guard circle around the area and scout around for any potential threats, it was all planned out to perfection.

"Don Santiago, the place is all set up and ready" a man dressed in a suit walked over to us as soon as we walked in and handed a set of keys to Santi.

"Thank you for letting me borrow your place, Bernardo." Santi smiled at the older man and. "One of my guy's outside is going to give you your money."

The older man bowed his head. " One of my waiters is inside ready to serve you and your guests." he said before walking out the door with a huge smile on his face.

It's all about the money.

We took a seat in one of the tables set up in the center of the room and were immediately greeted by the waiter who offered to bring us some drinks. I politely declined while Santi ordered a whiskey for himself.

The sound of footsteps caught my attention and I looked up to see a familiar face with a smirk on his face approaching our table. Gavin Ruozi, and he was alone.

"Gabriela" he greeted me and had the audacity of walking up to me and give me a kiss on the cheek. Santiago pushed his chair a little closer to mine, the movement didn't go unnoticed by the Italian which made his smirk grow bigger.

"Don Santiago" he bowed his head respectfully.

"Where the hell is he?" I asked impatiently.

Gavin chuckled and spoke into a small microphone peace attached to his shirt collar. "Bring him in. The coast is clear."

"Seriously?" I rolled my eyes.

"Just taking precautions, my dear Gabriela."

Finally a young man walked into the room escorted by two guards on either side of him. I was shocked to see he was very handsome, he had dark brown-almost black hair that was combed back and was long enough to touch the back of his neck. His bright blue eyes were staring right at me as he walked to our table, Santi and I both stood up .