Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Siete (El Heredero)

The first few weeks of motherhood were tough. I spent day and night fussing over Kike, learning how to take care of him.

Surprisingly everything came to me naturally, by the second week I was changing diapers left and right with no problem.

Becoming a mother is an indescribable feeling. A child's well-being becomes your top priority. Every time I saw Kike's cute little face it reminded me that the love I felt for Santiago had brought me a tiny little human that came into this world to give me a new view of life.

It's a feeling like no other.

After being stuck at the vacant hotel for days, trying to get used to my new routine, Vanessa and Claire convinced me to go shopping with them to a mall in the city.

Nessa was more than happy to take up the guy's suggestion to go out more and try to put up a "normal" image so the CIA agents wouldn't suspect us.

But I knew better.

Chris Hayes was determined to capture Santiago and there was nothing we could do to change his mind. I suspected it had become a personal vendetta to put my boyfriend behind bars. Santiago may not take it serious but I had seen how passionate Chris was about capturing the leader of the Sinaloa Cartel. The urgency in his voice to get me to cooperate and give into telling him everything I knew. It was a lost cause on his part. I would never betray the father of my son.

We had undercover body guards following us around as we walked around the local mall, dressed in civilian clothing in order to blend in with the crowds of people. It was a weekday so there wasn't a lot of people around.

"I love being back. Mexico is great and all but I would like it much better if we could all live here." Vanessa said, as we walked out of a baby store we had been shopping at.

"It does feel good to be back" I admitted

"I feel like it's the same everywhere" Claire piped up. "No matter the place or time we have to be watching our backs."

I pushed Kike's stroller in front of me. He was sound asleep in his car seat and I had put a small blanket over the car seat to block the lights from bothering him. Santiago had made sure to get me everything I needed for our son. It made me happy to see how excited he looked every time he brought something new for our baby.

Santiago and the guys were off having a business meeting with potential investors that might help with the casino/hotel. It had been almost impossible to get him to leave my side ever since we had been released from the hospital, but with the help of Luca we convinced him that it would be better for him to go back to work so he could finish work faster and make our stay in Vegas as short as possible.

Santiago wanted our family back in Mexico more than anyone. It was our territory.

"I want to look at some purses in there!" Nessa pointed at a store across from the food court.

"You girls go ahead. I have to feed Kike." I looked down to see my son waking up from his nap. "I'll wait at the food court."

"Are you sure?" Claire asked, "If you want we can wait for you?"

I took the diaper bag from Vanessa's shoulder. "I'm sure. Meet me there when you're done?"

They agreed and walked ahead of me.

"I'm getting Kike more outfits!" Nessa gushed to Claire as they walked off.

I pushed the stroller towards the food court and found an empty table far away from the groups of people eating there. Kike was wide awake and making cute little grunts to get my attention, I carried him in my arms and kissed his little face.