Masters of the Mafia. Capitulo Diez (Posiciones)

"Someone better start talking," Santi growled. "Before I beat up este hijo de puta." (this son of a bitch)

    Vanessa and the girls walked into the room, all of them shocked by the scene in front of them. I had never seen Nessa look so scared in my life, it was surprisingly comical.

"What the--" she sputtered, eyes going from Santi to the gun in his hand. "Santiago put that gun away!"

My boyfriend ignored her and extended his hand out to me, helping me off Gavin. He then reached out to grab Gavin by the collar of his shirt and proceeded to push the gun on his right temple.

"I-I was in h-here having a meeting with Gavin about our opening night party coming up. We had already finished going over some paperwork and on my way out I tripped over my feet and Gavin tried to catch my fall but we both ended up falling over." I picked up some of the papers we had actually been looking over before everything happened.

Thank God for the meeting excuse we had used to trick Gavin!

    "We were on our way down to join them," Claire added. "That's why we're here..."

"Please lower your gun, Santi '' I pulled on his arm gently.

He turned to look at me and eyed me from head to toe, taking in my outfit and makeup. "So, why are you all dressed up?"

"I was trying on some outfits for the party" I lied. "We wanted to try on some looks because I wasn't sure this dress would fit."

"I was only trying to help Ms. Romano" Gavin had his hands up, looking between the two bosses.

Santiago slowly lowered his gun and so did the Italian boss, taking a step away from Gavin. The tension in the room subsided and we all let out a silent sigh of relief.

"I apologize for acting so hastily." my boyfriend turned to Gavin.

I let out a shaky breath.

Santiago's erratic behavior was not okay, that was true, but he had not been mistaken about the situation. And for that I felt terribly guilty.

I had been trying to seduce Gavin.

Luca helped his right hand man get up. "I apologize as well, Gavino."

"Va bene, capo" Gavin rubbed his right arm and flinched a bit. (It's okay, boss)

"Are you injured?" Santi asked.

"I think I landed on my arm when we fell so it's hurting a bit."

Sofia walked over to inspect his arm and agreed. "It's a bit swollen, we should get you some ice for it."

Vanessa and Claire walked out of the room behind Gavin and Sofi who were headed to the kitchen, leaving me behind with Santi and Luca.

"I hope this misunderstanding didn't offend you in any way, Luca" my boyfriend slipped his arm around my waist pulling me to his side. "I was just looking after my woman."

Luca sighed, running a hand over his face. "You saw how I overreacted as well. I thought Gavin had done something stupid. I'm glad it was all a misunderstanding."

I bit my lip, squeezing my eyes shut. I couldn't believe our little prank had turned out so bad. I could've gotten Gavin killed.

"Did you hurt yourself with the fall?" Luca stared down at me concerned.

"You do look a little pale, amor." Santi caressed the side of my face lovingly.

I shook my head, "I just want to go up to the room and get some rest."