chapter one

When you were at your lowest, I was there for you. I'll always be there for you.

My name is Sky and this is my story.

I'm a 17 year old girl who doesn't know what life has to offer or what I want out of life. Just a basic teen I'd say. I wasn't particularly beautiful but I was happy with my looks. Nothing special, but how could I, with a mom like mine. Just how it always was, right? No one ever REALLY noticing me or at least that's what I thought.

"Sky, get ur ass down here. I'm not going to tell you again." my mother screamed.

 I'd have said that probably the neighbors heard her. Not wanting to get in any trouble I hurried downstairs, thinking about, how I'm supposed to hear her every time when she doesn't even realize, that I'm talking to her if I'm standing beside her. 

I jumped down the last three stairs.

"How often did I tell you, not to jump down the stair?" she asked annoyed, her hand resting at the side of her hip.

 I grun in annoyance and roll my eyes. To my luck, my mother didn't see that.

"Sorry mum, what's up? What do you want?" I asked, trying to keep my annoyance out of my voice, but failing miserably. Shit definitely need to work on that again.

"I told you, we will be going out. Remember that we wanted to meet with Maria and her fam?" Her voice made it clear, that she must have reminded me thousands of times before.

"Ouh, yeahhhhh... no, definitely didn't forget that." My eyes sparking a tiny bit, because I haven't seen Maria since... I don't even know anymore. 

She's my best friend though. We don't have that cutesy friendship. You know, that one where you always tell each other how much you love the other and that. We're kinda odd, at least that's what we call ourselves. I still love her to the moon and back, but we just never tell each other. We don't talk or text every day. We aren't that much of a communication type, I guess. But every time we do see each other we really hit it off.

"So when are we going?" I asked my mum.

"Half an hour, so please get ready. I'm not taking you with me if you'll be looking like that." She said while moving her hand up and down gesturing at me. Yep, that's my mom, everyone. 

She cares about what people think about us. She's not that unknown, I might add. Victoria Lux Engelmann- even the name screams rich and expensive. And well she is nothing less. 

She looks like a goddess. Light blue eyes with sprinkles of gold, full lashes, high, prominent cheekbones and a jawline to die for. Even her skin was flawless. And if that wasn't enough, well her figure was, what most girls aspire, but never reach. She owned every room as soon as she entered it. 

I still ask myself how I could even be related to her. She always tells me, I have a lot from my dad.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I just nod toward her and go back up the stairs.

Half an hour, sure as is I'm a magician. Back in my room, I began to get ready and do my makeup. While doing so my thoughts start to wander off again. 

I do look awfully a lot like my dad. Some might see it as a compliment. He was indeed very handsome, had sharp features and the most unrealistically green eyes. Mine are a mix. Neither completely green nor blue. They were kind of turquoise with brown and grey sprinkles. Probably my best feature.

I went for an easy look. Just a little smokey eye. Thanks to some god or something, I actually had the good skin of my mother so I didn't felt the need to work on that in any way.