did

"i deserved that," his voice is soft and gravelly, and his face is calm. the red mark is growing lighter by the second, but he doesn't acknowledge it. 

"yeah you did, asshole," i snap back, but immediately regret it. he looks hurt. i go to apologize, and he just shakes his head. he seems disappointed, but i dont press it. charlotte immediately grabs him and pulls him to the side and levi lightly combs through my hair. i  go to stand up and he makes sure i stay down. charlotte talks to schlatt about something as levi consoles me.  i try to convince levi to let me go, and he does. 

"go talk to him. clementine i believe hes actually sorry. take it easy on him," levi tries to calm me down, but im still pissed off, and soaked in my own sweat.

"why should i go easy on him. hes a fucking asshole," i start to pace but levi lightly grabs my shoulder. 

"his girlfriend cheated on him," he whispers, barely audible. 

"oh,"

"yeah,"

walking over quietly to schlatt, i give him a hug. he's shocked. and it takes a while for him to register that i'm hugging him. he wraps his arms around me and i feel him start to cry on my shoulder. i just pat his back and wait quietly.

"clementine... im so sorry... i shouldn't have treated you like shit... im sorry," i just pull him out of the hug and smile before bringing him back in.  

"its fine, dont worry," levi and i make eye contact, and his hurt expression quickly changes to a happy one. his smile is forced, and he waves at me. i smile back, its weak, but its there.

---

short chapter because i want to 

work on a different book :]