47 | His hammer

She should've listened

Instead of staying in one place and getting ready for combat, when Y/N noticed Seikatsu's arrival was being delayed, she was quick yet hesitant to leave the forest.

She followed the trail Eso had made with his destructive wings. Sweat dropped from her forhead, her body was shaking, and her legs were beginning to feel a little sore from all the running.

She felt helpless.

This was her first time fighting someone without her friends helping her. It made her feel uneasy since Fushiguro's always by her side, but now he's fighting somewhere. At least Y/N knew where Kugisaki and Itadori are, right?

'They can take care of themselves, right?'

Y/N's thoughts suddenly drift back to a few months ago while running. Imagine? She just wanted some curry for dinner and now she's a sorcerer who's fighting for her life with other teens like her.

She's a quick learner. Though suddenly turning from a normal civilian, a nobody, to this girl who possesses a powerful cursed technique, was a much more quicker process.

'Ah! Don't think about that now!'

'I don't even regret being here if it meant having these nice sorcerers around me!'

Her breaths became ragged the longer she pushed herself to run.

"There you are!"

Y/N stops, raising the hammer imbued with a crimson colored cursed energy as a mouth appears on a tree in front of her.

By now, the girl has already figured out that without any kind of surface, Seikatsu won't be able to use this technique of his.

The dark haired boy sighs as the mouth behind him began to close up once again. He boredly places his hand on the handle of his katana.

It suddenly lights up with cursed energy akin to Y/N's.

"Now we're even." Seikatsu says, drawing out his weapon.

Y/N is no expert in wielding weapons unlike her pretty senior Maki, but she swore the katana's blade looked a little dull rather than sharp.

"Hey, why won't you speak?" Seikatsu frowns, genuinely confused, "Be thankful i'm not trappin' you inside a domain."

"You talk too much!" Y/N runs up to him, ready to play whack-a-mole with this fool using his own hammer.

Seikatsu scrunches his nose before dodging. His tool may be from his clan and used by many other members of the family, but he's sure that its blade can't withstand a twenty pound hammer.

Y/N then holds the weapon with both hands, a small 'huh?' escaping her lips as she feels letters engraved on the handle of the hammer.

Hoshino.