79 | Calm before the storm

"You're really gonna do it?"

"I am."

Fushiguro answers with a huff, hands in his pocket and his eyes on his girl.

He's worried. As much as Fushiguro wants Y/N  to stay outside the game with Kirara, he knows she doesn't like feeling useless in situations where she could've been doing something— but what about her main source of power? How is Y/N going to control her hunger without cursed spirits to consume?

Fushiguro believes in her abilities and that includes being able to control herself, but he doesn't know if taking the risk would be worth it.

Y/N's fine around Itadori now despite the boy having half of Sukuna's fingers.

But what about other players and sorcerers from the past? Those who have energy's far more stronger than Itadori's. Fushiguro wants to think of a plan that allows Y/N to replenish her hunger without having to attack other players..

..But nothing comes to his mind.

'It's frustrating.' he thought with a disappointed sigh, 'If only i can help her.. But it's not like i eat curses too.'

He doesn't know what to do in a situation he has never been in. Fushiguro has never eaten a curse but he has definitely exorcised a lot— excluding the special grades and transfigured curses, curses seem to disappear almost instantly after being exorcised. Similar to the one back in Roppongi that Kugisaki handled.

So how the hell is she able to munch on a curse without it turning to dust?

From beside him, Itadori then snaps his fingers. Fushiguro raises a brow at the boy who looked like he thought of something absolutely genius.

"You saw her domain, right? What if she just summons it and takes a curse?"

Itadori says confidently. His smile would then fade seconds after Fushiguro deadpans at him.

"Was.. That not a good idea?"

The shikigami user fought the urge to hit him on the head. This boy should definitely know the limits of a sorcerer— or did hanging out with Gojo fry his brain too much?

"Oh right.. She'll lose more cursed energy." Itadori mutters with a frown.

Fushiguro only sighs. He continues to look at the girl from afar while Itadori keeps his eyes on the boy as if waiting for him to say something.

"We still don't know if there's going to be curses in the games or not.." Fushiguro says, "..And we also don't know if she can last for more than a few days without cursed energy."

The boy with pink hair can see the genuine concern his friend has. He looks like as if he needs reassuring.

"Then this is just another reason why we have to move fast." Itadori pats him on the back with a grin, "Save your sister, save the players, and save Y/N."