- t h r e e -

Holy shit Alpha Lukas was at my door.

I freaked out for a second. What the fuck does and Alpha want with me? Why is he at my door?

I shouldn't have taken that shot. He'll smell that as soon as I open the door. Hell, he probably smells it now. He's an Alpha, his sense of smell is amazing.

My wolf was wide awake again and no longer relaxed.

He's going crazy because of the Alpha standing on the opposite side of the door. It clicks—my wolf first became awake when Alpha Lukas first entered the room.

The question is, why?

I took a breath and opened the door.

His brown eyes scanned me and I felt uncomfortable. I was shirtless in front of an Alpha, alcohol in my system, and a wolf that was overly excited now.

He was still dressed in his suit from dinner and just saying, he looked pretty good in it.

"What can I do for you, Alpha?" I forced my voice to be calm and stood straight.

He stayed silent and walked into my house. He radiated pride and power. He shut the door behind him and I stared at him. He just let himself in.

As soon as he shut the door, he hugged me.

I stood frozen as tingles ran up and down my body. They felt amazing but my mind was in shock.

I hate when people touch me without me expecting it. It reminds me of him.

His hand were cold as the rested on my lower back and I didn't know what to do and why this was happening.

"Mine."

I shoved him away and my mouth hung open.

"W-What the fuck?"

My mind was no longer frozen and instead was racing with thoughts. He just claimed me and the only reason I could think of why he would do that, is if I'm his mate.

However, I'm underage so I can't exactly feel the full extent of a mate bond.

I really don't want to be this guy's mate.

"You're mine. My mate," he said confidently and confirmed my thoughts He stepped closer to me and frowned, "also, that kind of language isn't acceptable. Neither is underage drinking."

He pushed my hair out of my eyes and cupped my face in his hands and met my eyes. His hands were huge and so was he. He towered over me and his tan skin looked as soft as a babies.

"You're eyes are gorgeous. Such a beautiful shade of blue," he mumble and my face burned with embarrassment.

"You also look cute when you blush, your ears are all red and you look all flustered," he chuckled.

No. This is not good.

"Get off me!" I pushed him off and looked around the room for an escape considering he was standing in front of my main one.

I have a back door but I have to find a way to get away from him and out the door.

"Calm down, Grayson. I know you are scared right now, but I'm not going to do anything to you."

His voice sent chills down my spine. It was deep and gave off authority. My wolf was exploding inside my head, urging me to go into my mate's hold.

I take another step back. My back door is through the kitchen which is to the left of me.

"Please don't run, Grayson. Just talk to me. We can talk through what you're thinking about and what's going to happen," his eyes followed me every step back I took.

"No! Leave me the fuck alone!" I sprinted towards the door and unlocked it with shaking hands. I slammed it open while I ran out and towards Keagan's house. Lukas was watching from the doorway but didn't chase me.

My endurance from soccer really kicked in as I sprinted through the neighborhood towards the outer houses where Keagan lived.

I knocked rapidly on the door and Keagan opened it.

"What? What's wrong? And be quiet the girls are sleeping."

I walked inside, words flying out of my mouth at a million words a minute.

"You will never believe what just happened. So I was sleeping right, minding my own business then someone rung the doorbell. So I answered the door and guess who was there? Alpha fucking Lukas. I opened the door and he let himself in and hugged me! Then he said "mine" and said I'm his mate! And-"

"Woahh dude calm down, so you're the Alpha's bitch now?" He was snickering and I glared at him.

"Shut up. What the fuck do I do? I don't want to be his mate, he's like 6 years older than me! That's pretty pedo right? And Alpha's are known for being over-protective and there's absolutely no way he will approve of my life style, he literally already got onto me for swearing."

"Yeah, you lowkey have a drinking problem."

"What? No I don't," I rolled my eyes, "that's beside the point. I also don't want to help run a whole pack, never-mind a pack of over 5000 people."

Keagan got serious and cut into my little rant, "Gray, he's you're mate wether you like it or not. It's going to suck adjusting to a different way of life but in the end, you're most likely going to end up happy. Also there are laws regarding to underage mates but I'm not going to go over those right now but long story short he's technically not a pedo. By the sound of it, he accepted you so he's going to get over all your flaws-"

I cut him off, "What flaws? I don't have any of those."

He stared at me.

"Is that seriously the only thing you got out of my speech?"

"Yes."

He groaned, "Moral of the story you can either go to him and sort it out, or like the amazing best friend I am, I'll help you plan you're escape."

I peeked at the mention of escape.

"Oh yes, an escape plan. I need to leave soon though and all my stuff is in my house that he may still be at."

He rolled his eyes at my choice but still got up to help.

"Ok here's the plan, spend the night here and then tomorrow leave for work and then go to soccer. You are expected to be leaving so it won't be suspicious. After soccer, go to a hotel. We'll book you a room for a few nights or however long.

We can go from there, I'll cover for you not being at events and we'll get Alec to say that you came back after soccer so Alpha doesn't think you're missing. If Alpha Lukas comes looking for you, I won't sell you out. He's supposed to leave in a few days anyways and he can't just leave his pack alone for even longer."

Keagan concluded his plan and I grinned.

"You are genius, my friend."