- t w e l v e -

The music in the room was just starting to get turned up as the time approached 8:00 and more werewolves flooded in. The house was getting a little crowded but the supply of drinks in the kitchen was unmatched. It wasn't the cheap gross stuff, it was more of the more expensive, good stuff. I wouldn't of complained either way I'm just happy to drink.

Lukas left around 6:00 for his meeting and I made good time getting out of there. I stopped by my house real quick just to brush my teeth and freshen up then I went straight to Keagan's. I texted him while I was leaving Lukas's guest home so he was ready by the time I got there.

We ditched the pack territory and now we are at the neighboring territory, the Perez pack. Packs are generally named after the Alpha's last name just to make remembering who runs each pack a little easier. Alpha Perez could not give two fucks about what his pack does. He is the complete opposite of Alpha Quinn—or as other packs know him—Alpha Straits of the Straits pack.

We are about 40 minutes from home which I think is a good distance from Lukas.

He has probably noticed I dipped by now and I am sure I will have to go home and face his wrath but that is a problem for future Grayson. Right now, I am living in the present and present me wants to drink. I knocked back my 6th beer of the night and I was just now starting to feel the buzz run through my veins and the happiness and numbness flood my brain.

The alcohol was also blocking the symptoms of Lukas' absence which was a plus but I know once I'm sober it will all come down crashing down on me. Again, future me problem.

I lost Keagan in the crowd and I was on my own to have fun. I talked to tons of people and everything was going great and I felt great until an older looking boy—maybe mid 20s—came up to me while I was a bit off to the side of the crowd.

He obviously didn't belong at this party considering everyone here was probably 18 and under. He gave off strictly bad vibes and I knew that he meant nothing good.

"Hey, sweetheart." He winked at me and everything inside churned and felt gross.

"Sorry, I don't swing that way." I said, dismissing the older boy and walked away. I only made it a few steps before his rough hands grabbed my arm.

"Hard to get, I like that. The feisty one's scream the most." He chuckled and started tugging me along with him towards the stairs of the home to go up to the bedrooms.

I pulled against his tight grasp but he was a lot bigger and a lot stronger than I was. I could feel the warrior status roll off him in waves and panic flooded my body. I don't like this.

*Flashback*

"You will not be loud. You will do everything he tells you. You are going to satisfy him." My dad pulled me away from the kitchen downstairs where I was cooking with Taylor and up to one of the guest bedrooms.

I was 7 years old.

A desirable age. An age that men will pay a lot to take advantage of, to strip of its childhood innocence and purity.

"Sit on the bed and do not move. Do not ruin this for me, this man is paying me a lot of money just so he can use your disgusting little body." My father sneered and I sat silently on the bed, stricken with fear and confusion.

I did not know what he meant at the time. I did not know what was to come.

I was only 7 years old.

My father left the room and I sat in the silent room for maybe 30 minuted before a big man creeped into the room and locked the door behind him.

The man was ugly and fat. He was in no way good looking or desirable but 7-year-old me did not find anyone desirable. At least, not in the way the ugly man found desire in me.