- e i g h t e e n -

Grayson's POV

The neighborhood was extensive and winding, practically begging for someone to get lost within the maze of houses. It's beautiful though. It was the same concept as my home pack yet it looked nothing alike. The neighborhood was made up of cabin's and cottage's that gave off more of a woodsy-nature vibe.

The pack was located in a huge clearing in the mountains and it was oddly relaxing. It was nothing like Oregon. I was used to the rush of city life and constantly hearing the sounds of the city. Here, it was quiet. The insects were chirping and while there were modernized noises, they were more muted and spread out.

The weather was cold and overcast but Lukas said that it was actually a lot warmer than it usually was at this time of the year. It was still cold though but not cold enough for coats, Lukas' crewneck and sweats that I was wearing provided enough warmth for a short walk.

We passed a few other couples and little children along the way and of course people had to look twice at me. I hated it. It was like I was this new shiny thing that everyone couldn't wait to lay their eyes on.

People smiled and waved and Lukas kindly returned the gesture. I nodded at them and stuck close to Lukas' side. I hate to say it but it made me feel protected, just standing next to him. I didn't like how I felt like I was being analyzed and judged.

They all had an idea of who they wanted their second leader to be and now that I am here, they are all going to compare who I actually am to their vision of me inside their head.

I sure as hell do not match that vision.

"I'm sorry about everyone looking at you. They're just interested in who their second Alpha is. They are also probably a bit surprised you're an Alpha and not a Luna." Lukas explained sheepishly and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"You're into girls?"

I just assumed he was gay from the start since he wanted me as his mate so badly. He didn't even fight the idea that we were both boys. He accepted it immediately.

"Not really? I wasn't really into anyone. I dated one girl when I was 17 so I guess everyone just assumed I was straight. I never really expressed tons of feelings other than that though." He explained and a pit of burning jealousy latched in my stomach.

I'm not jealous though. I don't give two fucks about what Lukas has done. Hopefully he runs back to her and leaves me alone.

But he had feelings for her.

"But now, I am fully into you and you alone." Lukas smirked and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I shrugged his arm off and scoffed.

I stared at the ground as I walked. Extra heat pooled in my cheeks and some traveled downwards. I scowled at my bodies reaction to his words. I can't even decide for myself how I want to react, the mate bond forces a reaction.

"Well, shove off. I don't want you to be into me." I grumbled and kept my gaze low. I focused on not stepping on the cracks in the sidewalk and got distracted with the task.

"I'm growing to like your stubbornness. I think it's interesting how you respond versus how you feel. If only you could make the two sides align." Lukas mused and he glanced down at me.