RIM OF THE WORLD 06

˜"*°•.˜"*°• ~~ •°*"˜.•°*"˜

                                🟩🟩ℝä𝕥 - ℙ𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕊𝕔𝕠𝕥𝕥🟧🟧

TW: Cussing! Butterfly Knife! Guns!

Recap:

We were all so caught up in laughing and vibing with each other that none of us noticed the bump Alex was headed towards. Alex went down with an 'umph' as we all crowded him. He sat up saying he was okay, he got caught in a gaze. I looked to where his attention was captured. "Holy..." I said, "Yeah like holy-" Dariush said as he looked upon the devastated city, stopping mid sentence. "That's where we're going?" He asked. "Yep." I said worried about my siblings.

End of recap

We stoked our eyes upon the tormented city. We hopped back onto our bikes and skateboards, gliding down the rest of the hill. Our once happy aura now gone. As we come to the city we hop off of our bikes/skateboards. We cautiously walked through the broken city, careful of looters. We made it to the sheriff's station.

"Man, this place is trashed." Dariush said as we walked through the garbage plastered all over the ground. "Guy's I don't- Nobody's, uh." Gabriel mumbled through his helmet. "What?" Dariush asked not knowing what Gabriel attempted to say. 

He took off his helmet that may I say was hella hot. Not the point though. "You guys go ahead. I'll just stay back and watch the bikes." He said not making direct eye contact with any of us. I could tell something was wrong but I didn't want to edge on. I know from my siblings that edging people to tell you something in front of other people doesn't work, like at all. "What? You think the aliens are gonna jack our bikes?" Dariuh said as if Gabriel was a stupidist person he's ever met. "well yeah, looters." Alex said covering for him. 

"Teddy, you stay out here with him." Zhen said as they went inside the sheriffs office swiftly so I couldn't argue. "Ok then?" I said as they were already gone. 

I took one of my butterfly knives out of my backpack to fidget with.

You playing with your butterfly knife: (Don't mind the talking)

Gabriel sat there staring, observing. As I flipped and spun my butterfly knife. I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing, I've done this so much that I can do it with my eyes closed pretty much. 

"How- How do you do that?" Gabriel asked as I stopped and looked over at him. I smiled as I patted the ground next to me, he got up and sat close to me. I looked for my other butterfly knife, pulling it out. I handed him it, turning the safety on. I showed him om simple tricks as we waited for the rest of the group to get back.

He was pretty good for the most part. But if I didn't put safety on, he definitely would have cut himself. We waited for around 20 minutes, doing tricks, talking, laughing and just general hanging out. I almost forgot about the very big predicament the worlds in right now when talking to him. It was great. But, great never last long.

"Hey, we're back!" Alex called as they walked out of the sheriffs station. Me and Gabriel got up quickly grabbing my skateboard and his bike as the others followed. "See anything?" I asked. "Uh- No." Alex answered like he was unsure. "Ok." I said uneasy.

I put the butterfly knives back into my bag.

We rode slowly through an alleyway. Alex was talking about his watch, we came to the end of the alleyway as army trucks zoom past us. We all came to a quick stop, startled. "What the hell?" I mumbled to myself.

We all ditched the bikes and skateboards to run out in the middle of the street, screaming after the military trucks. We heard the footsteps and guns behind us. We all stopped, putting our hands up and turning around slowly. My heart was beating so fast. Alex kept mumbling something about 'Same side'? 

"KIDS!" The man in the front yelled, they all dropped their guns. The man walked over to us, "What are you  kids doing here?!" He asked, almost angrily. "You should have evacuated awhile ago!" he continued. "Get on the bus." he said about to walk off. "Wait!" I yelled, he glanced back but kept walking forward. We all tugged on his uniform bringing him to a stop.

"You have to get this key to JPL." Alex said lifting the key to show him. He looked at us all intrigued. "To a Dr. Fielding." Zhen continued. "In Pasadena." Gabriel finished. "You need to get this to JPL in Pasadena to a Dr. Fielding." Alex said, summing it up for him. "We've been getting Morse code from a Dr. Fielding in JPL all day." he said taking the key, happy. "You kids might have just saved the world." He said walking to the bus with us. We run into the bus joyful, high fiving the guy on our way in. I went in last, everyone took their seats, as I made my way towards my new friends I noticed a very familiar brown hair in my sight.

"Will....Willow?" 

907 words!

Sorry it's superrrrrr short, I just wanted to leave it on a cliffhanger :) Also if you don't remember, Willow is Theodora's sister, the oldest by the way being 11.

Yeah that's it :)