Chapter 12 - Jay

Slowly I open my eyes, let them get used to the light. A smile immediately appears on my face when I realize where I am.

The past few weeks have been the same. At the weekend I was with the boys, one time it was at Jake's house, the other time it was at Andrew's and last week we went to a party, so things changed a bit. What remained the same is that I would sleep over at Charlie's and Keith's. I used a team bonding excuse for my dad, he fell for it.

The best part of the night was when everyone went to bed. I would sneak up to Charlie an hour later, nine times out of ten she would press me against the door and press her lips to mine, then we would land on her bed and kiss until we couldn't breathe. Every time we go a little further, but we haven't really touched each other yet. I really want to, I wanted nothing more, but I somehow can't make that step, if it gets to close to that barrier I panic, so we just talk. Or we lie in each other's arms until we fall asleep, which really takes only 5 seconds.

And maybe the best thing is to wake up like this, she's always awake first. Caresses my hip with her fingers, kisses my shoulder. I don't know, I always turn in my sleep, so we always end up spooning in the morning.

"Good morning, babygirl." I grin and feel her press her lips against my neck. I turn in her arms and stare into her bright blue eyes.

"Good morning." My smile widens as she caresses my cheek. I turn around again and pull her towards me. Charlie puts her arm around me from behind and lays her head back against my neck.

"I have a question," she whispers, closing her fingers in mine.

"Mm-hm," I mumble, I have closed my eyes again, I love it when we lie down like this.

I gasp as her lips travel from my ear to my neck, I've known for a long time she's going to leave a love bite, but I don't care.

"Charlie..." She laughs against my skin and snuggles closer to me. "Just say it."

"Are you sure?"

"Well if you ask me to rob a bank, the answer is no." She laughs again, man I love when she laughs and it's getting easier to make her laugh.

"Go on a date with me," she interrupts our laughter. What?

"Okay," I reply dryly.

"No Jay, I mean it, a real date, not lying in bed and eating pizza with a movie." I turn to her.

"But I love those evenings."

Charlie grins. "Me too, but you still have to go on a first date."

As much as I want it, we can't, or better said I can't. "You know we can't do that, Charlie."

She lifts my chin. "Well in my way, it can. Please say yes." She's persuades me with her smile and her eyes, how can I ever say no to her?

I sigh. "Okay, I'll go on a date with you, but if I don't like it, I'll go."

Charlie is already kissing me, we roll over, now she's hanging above me. I have to suppress a moan as her hand slides over my body, touching me in the right places.

We roll over again, now I'm hanging above her. I like the control I have now, I set the pace, even though it's difficult with Charlie since she just does what she likes. She giggles on my lips when she realizes I didn't want to go that way. Still she just keeps going, I feel her hand between my legs. For the first time there is no panic, or fear or a tight feeling.

"Is this ok?" She asks when I don't tell her to stop like I used to do, her hand has slipped away for a moment. If I didn't want her so badly now I would smile, I think it's cute and sweet when she asks if I'm okay with it.