Chapter 23 - Jay

The air is knocked out of me when I hit the water. I'm pulled down and although I fight as hard as I can to keep my head above the water. The pull on my body is too strong. 

It stops, there is enough time for me to swim up, but before I get the change I feel a hand on my head, keeping me in place. No! The last bubbles of air leave my mouth as I scream.

When I look up I see a  blurry shade, my eyes widen when I recognize the person. I try to fight the hand, I swing my arms at it, but it doesn't do anything. 

I can't help it anymore. I open my mouth and let the water in. I scream again when the pain starts to settle in. And then I see another person who's thrown in the water.  No, no, no. 

Charlie's blue eyes found mine, but I'm already gone... 

"Jay!" Everything shakes. "Jay, wake up!" 

I shoot right up, my clothes stick to my body and I feel sweat dripping down my back and face. I feel two warm hands on my cheeks and look up. I want to move away, I want to scream and kick but then I see those blue eyes and the panic start to settle in. 

"It's okay, I'm here." Charlie pulls me into her. "She can't hurt you anymore." 

I break down, I cling to her wishing I wouldn't see that bitch's face anymore.

The nightmares started after I got released from the hospital a few weeks back. They are never the same scenery but they always end with me choking to dead, an helpless Charlie who tries to save me and the devil herself AJ. 

After 3 days in a cell the police let her go, because nobody saw that she run me over. She did get a community service for hindering Charlie. 

When Charlie heard that AJ was set free, she almost lost her shit. Me and Camilla had to hold her down before she could do anything stupid. We thought that we calmed her down but when there was an opening she almost left to beat up AJ, but I made her promise that she wouldn't because I need her. 

Next to nightmares, I'm jumpy, when someone coughs, says my name out of nowhere, or touches me without a warning I panic. I'm working on it with my shrink, but it's still hard. That's why I still haven't told my dad about me being gay. 

"Jay, look at me." I do what she says. She rests her forehead against mine. "Breath." She caresses my cheek. "You're okay, you're safe." 

"Thank you." I lay down with her again. I snuggle up against her, laying my head in the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry." 

"Don't be, it isn't your fault." She strokes my back. "But what your fault is is that we are going to be late for school again if we don't jump in the shower." 

I smirk and kiss her jaw. "I don't want to." 

"You're smelly." 

I hit her. "I am not." 

"Fine, but I do." She kisses the top of my head and gets up. "Are you coming." She teases me by pulling off her shirt, revealing her naked torso. 

"Right behind you." I really hope my dad is out for a run. 

Still a bit shaky I follow her to the bathroom. She still makes me smile although I feel terrible. She hums a song I don't recognize and gets a hold of my hands. I chuckle when she dances with me through the bathroom. 

"I thought we were in a hurry." I ask when she wraps her arms around my body and kisses my cheek. 

"We are." Her hands slide towards my ass. "But there is always time to dance." I laugh and wrap my arms around her neck to move closer to her. "I will always make time for you."