🎵🥁~ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠~🥁🎵

a/n: look at gerard...okay now have fun reading

They pulled up to Y/N's house and said their goodbyes. She wandered down her driveway trying to think of what to say to her dad. All these teenage shenanigans are really hard to explain to an old man. She unlocked the door and sped to her room.

"HeyDadIHaveACatNowBye!" Her words jumbled as she ran across the entryway. 

"I'm sorry, what?"

She ran into her room and gently set Helena on her bed before flopping into her desk chair. She looked at herself in her vanity mirror, wearing Rodrick Heffley's hoodie, and she was absolutely delighted. She couldn't stop smiling. She glanced down at all the trinkets on her desk and they all reminded her of Rodrick. Everything down to the baseball she tripped on just a week ago. It felt like it had been forever.

She pulled open her desk drawer and grabbed her diary. She laid down on her bed and began to write.

pov diary:

I don't even know where to start, I think I may have just had the best day of my life. I can't stop smiling, it's awful and my face hurts but I'm still so happy!!! I went to the mall with everyone and had such a great time. We goofed off in pretty much every store and ate some mediocre pizza. When we were leaving I found a cute little black cat in a bush..so I guess I have a cat now. She's pretty sweet, even Rodrick likes her.

Rodrick has a weird thing where he'll say he doesn't like cats but when he's actually near one he'll get all paternal. It's sweet, I guess.

Why am I even pretending anymore? No one else is gonna read this.

I'm in l- 

I like Rodrick. A lot. He gave me his hoodie and I can't stop sniffing it. It's gross and cliche but he's great and I don't feel bad about it. It is weird though. He's my best friend and even though that means we're super close it still makes things awkward. I never thought I'd feel like this about anyone let alone Rodrick. I mean even with Heather I was still...aw shit.

I forgot all about her. I wonder if Rodrick is still thinking about our hug. I never told him anything, I probably should have. Now the thought of him stressing about it is stressing me out. You know what, whatever,  I'm happy right now, I can deal with this later. Goodnight diary.

pov narrator

Y/N closed the book and gently placed it back in the desk drawer. She took one last look at herself in the mirror and smiled. She took off the hoodie and stared at it in her hands. Completely entranced by the gray jacket touching her skin. She wondered how many times she'd seen Rodrick wear it before and how many times she was gonna wear it in the future. Helena rubbed against her leg and brought her back to reality.

~Friday~the big day if you will~
(like two-ish days in the future lol)

Today was the day, Y/N and her dad's scheduled dinner at the Heffley's. Y/N was getting ready for school. While her father was crafting a perfect casserole to bring to dinner. Apparently, this takes several hours. Y/N would question him about the logic behind slaving over a casserole that's just gonna get shoved into people's faces later but she had more important things to worry about.

"Ughhh, " Y/N groaned. She looked at herself in the mirror, checking her outfit again. Nothing seemed good enough to wear.  Even though Rodrick's family sees her almost every day she was still stressing about what to wear to dinner, which is something she rarely did. Ever since the mall, she's been thinking more about these kinds of things. She eventually gave up on a nice outfit and just settled on finding an outfit.