🎵🥁~ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟~🥁🎵

Pov: Narrator

Y/N was incredibly confused. "whaaat?" She whispered still half asleep. Despite almost passing out just lifting the phone she still replied and was ready to help.

--------------------------------

Doofus: hey Y/N i really need your help

What's up?

Doofus: youll see, just come to [street name] and please hurry

Why couldn't Ben help you?

Doofus: bens asleep can you please just get here, like now!

Ugh, fine I'm on my way

--------------------------------

Y/N groaned. She had just about fallen asleep and now she has to walk 5 blocks to help Rodrick with whatever weird thing he has going on. She threw on jeans and a random hoodie and shuffled out the door.

'Why couldn't he have picked me up instead of making me walk all the way out here alone at 10:30 pm' Y/N thought to herself as she walked down the street clutching her keys in her pocket.

When she finally reached her destination, she saw Rodrick and some homeless looking ass 30-year-old man talking.

"Um, Hello?" Y/N asked, Rodrick jumped.

"Oh hey Y/N, " He looked at her as if he didn't send her an alarming text in the middle of the night, "This is Bill, He is the best guitarist in all of Plainview and get this, he wants to join the band, " Rodrick was practically jumping for joy.

"What's up, I dig the kinda vibes your band has, " Bill said "I also dig your bass playing, not every day you see a girl in a rock band, "

Y/N didn't like the vibes Bill was putting off. So she turned to Rodrick.

"We already have a guitarist though, what about Ben?" Y/N whispered. This took Rodrick by surprise.

"Bands can have two guitarists it's fine" Rodrick whispered back "Im sure Ben will be stoked when I tell him, "

"Where did you even find this guy?" Y/N looked back at Bill and saw him poking the spikes on his jacket. At this point, she and Rodrick were in a full-on huddle.

"Oh yeah, that..." Rodrick scratched the back of his neck. "I kinda...hit him with my van, "

"YOU WHAT!! I-" Y/N started to say something but then decided not to. She took a deep breath. "You hit him with your van, he doesn't press charges but instead wants to join our band?! This makes no sense Rodrick!"

"Look I know you don't think he's the best person but he's really good and could really help us win the talent show!" Rodrick explained, shaking Y/N by her shoulders.

"Dude, he's a 30-year-old with no job who wants to join a high schoolers garage band, " Y/N tried to reason with him.

"Your right I'm sorry, let's just jeopardize the entire future of the band because he gives off weird vibes, " Rodrick said sarcastically. "Can you please just trust me on this one?" He looked right into Y/N's soul. He knew it was hard for Y/N to say no to him when he did that.

"I don't agree with this decision at all..." Y/N looked at Bill and then back at Rodrick, "but okay, he can join,"

"Awesome, thank you, " He leaned in and gave Y/N a hug. They turned back to Bill and told him the "good news".

"Oh that's righteous, I can't wait to jam with you guys, " He said in his stupid ass voice.

"Yeah yeah us too, " Y/N wanted to rush out of that situation as fast as possible, "We really should be going now it's really late and I-"

"Yeah about that, could I catch a ride with you guys?" He giggled.

"Yeah, of course, " Rodrick obliged.

"Could I get one too?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah, but you know I only have two seats, " Rodrick reminded her.

"You're- You're gonna make me sit in the back?" Y/N asked, offended.

"Well...yeah, " Rodrick said awkwardly.

"Ugh, whatever, as long as I don't have to walk home, " Y/N said climbing in the van. She leaned into Rodrick's ear and whispered "You better drop me off first or you'll never hear the end of it, "

"Yes ma'am, " he said enthusiastically. Bill hopped into the passenger's seat and started chatting with Y/N and Rodrick.

"So how long have you two known each other?" Bill asked turning sideways in his seat. 'Why does everyone keep asking me that today' Y/N thought.

"Three-ish years" Rodrick and Y/N said at the same time.

"JINX!" Y/N screamed, "You aren't allowed to talk unless someone says your name three times, " Rodrick gestured to Bill.

"Haha, uh, " Bill stammered. Y/N looked at Bill with the most done expression.

"Are you serious?" Y/N asked

"It never came up!" Bill said defensively

"did you not even tell him your name before inviting him to join our band, " Y/N mumbled angrily into Rodrick's ear. He shrugged. "Boys, unbelievable, "

"Can you tell me his name?" Bill asked Y/N.

"If I tell you you'll just unjinx him, " Y/N said, stating the obvious.

"Oh right, haha, "

The air in the van was stale. The whole vehicle was dead quiet and nothing was happening. It was the most excruciating 5 minutes of their lives.

"I'm bored of this already, " Y/N sighed "Rodrick Rodrick Rodrick, "

"Woohoo, I thought I was going to be mute forever!" Rodrick exclaimed. The awkward silence continued. It lasted all the way to Y/N's house. "Here you are Y/N, " Rodrick said plainly. He got out and opened the side door of the van.

"Thanks, " Y/N muttered. She wasn't mad at Rodrick but the vibes were off anyway. She got out of the van and shut the door behind her. Rodrick started to walk back to the driver's side door when Y/N put her hand on his shoulder. He turned around. "Hey, we're cool right?"

"Yeah, of course, " He said a little surprised

"Cool cool, I was just making sure, " Y/N continued "I'm sorry for being so difficult, I feel like every time we make up I start another fight again, "

"Well, I'm sorry for being an asshole that makes you feel like you need to apologize, " He smiled. Y/N smiled back at him and they hugged. As they pulled away Y/N snuck her hand to the top of his head and scruffed up his hair.

"Dang it, I had it at the perfect amount of scruffed!" He complained sarcastically. Y/N giggled.

"Goodnight doofus, " She said walking up her driveway.

"Night, " He said hopping into the van and driving away.

As Y/N walked into the house, the lights turned on. She saw her dad sitting on the couch waiting for her.

"There had better be an amazing explanation for this, "