🎵🥁~ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟠~🥁🎵

Y/N froze. 'Oh shit' she thought   'This is probably the worst-case scenario' She slowly walked into the living room.

"Well..." She tried to get her story straight. "You see uuh, " she couldn't think of anything.

"Uh huh, " Her dad was not taking any of her shit. "No need to lie, I saw you get out of his van. We do have windows if you remember correctly, " He was strangely calm. Y/N was terrified but little did she know he was freaking out before she walked in. He was trying to remain composed because if he didn't he might kill someone.

"Look, it's not what it looks like, " Y/N tried to explain.

"You didn't sneak out in the middle of the night to see Rodrick?"

"Well...Yes, but he texted me saying there was an emergency and that he needed help. I was just trying to be a good friend, "
"Yeah, 'friend'" He said in air quotes.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Did you forget the part where I saw you, " He asked "I saw you two, with the hugging and the hair ruffling, " He looked like he was about to puke.

"Friend's do that stuff too, " Y/N argued, "I told there's nothing going on, I ruffle his hair all the time, it's a friend thing, "

"Y/N I know how boys are, " He was astonished his daughter could be so naive "He definitely doesn't see it like that,"

"You're just being overprotective, " She sighed "Rodrick knows I don't like him like that, "

"Whatever, What was the emergency anyway?" Her dad asked expecting some bullshit.

"Well, uh, you see" Y/N freaked out. 'I CAN'T JUST TELL HIM RODRICK RAN A GUY OVER' She thought. "There was an accident with the van, "

"What kind of accident?"

"He uh, maybe, sorta, kind of, barely hit someone a teeny tiny minuscule amount, " Y/N said squeezing her hoodie strings.

"HE HIT SOMEONE? ARE THEY OKAY? WHAT HAPPENED? IS THAT WHO THAT WOMEN WAS IN THE PASSENGER SEAT?" Her dad was going completely hysterical. Y/N held back a cackle. 'He thinks Bill is a woman jshsjs' she thought.

"The 'woman' was actually a dude. His name is Bill and he's apparently the 'best guitarist in Plainview'" she said with air quotes. "Rodrick let him join the band, " she rolled her eyes.

"So, let me get this straight, " He was very confused. "Rodrick hit a man with his van. The man is not pressing charges but is instead joining your band. Is that what's happening?"

"Yep, I don't like it either but Rodrick told me to trust him so, " Y/N sighed.

"How old is this 'Bill'" He asked generally worried for his daughter's safety.

"Honestly I don't know, " She lied, but then looked at her dad's face and knew that he had a right to know. She sighed "I'm guessing like, 30ish, "

"Y/N, " He looked her straight in the eyes. "I know you're smarter than this. You can't be hanging out with grown men, even if it is just for band practice, "

"I know Dad, but I promise you. I can take care of myself, " Y/N reassured him.

"No you can't, " He sighed "From Rodrick maybe, but definitely not from a 30-year-old man, "

"Well then, Rodrick can protect me from Bill and I can protect myself from Rodrick, " She knew she was reasoning with air at this point. Her dad sighed. He knew that there was really nothing he could do. She was going to do whatever she wanted anyway just like she did before.