winning the game

you looked around the room that was now an illumining blue and brown colour with bug furniture. "where are my parents?" you demanded.

"im not sure, maybe they grew sick of you and ran away to France" she replied.

"no, you've taken them! give them back!" you say stomping your foot.
"Stop being difficult Y/N and take a set." She said in her crooked speech. Just then your other farther picked you up by your shoulders and sat you down. As you were about to protest, you saw his elongated and distorted face which forced you to stay quiet. The bedlam crouched down to the door, and waited for a jumping rat to drop her the key from in its mouth. She locked the door and ate the button key. "Say, I think it's time for dinner. Yes?" She said walking into the kitchen. You followed her and sat at the table. An idea popped into your mind. You know she loves to play games. "What if.. we turn this into a game?" You say. Her buttons light up. "What kind of game?" She asks.
"An exploring game.. if I can find my parents and coralline's eyes, you let me go."
"And if you loose?"
"I'll.. I'll stay here with you forever.. and you can sew the buttons into my eyes.." you say reluctantly. She smiles, now facing you. She agrees and the chase starts. No hints. You first decide to look around the house travelling to 'your' room first. Entering you see all of your stuffies and pictures of your friends they were all saying something along the lines of: "don't you want to stay here with us forever?" It was extremely creepy and you wanted to leave.

you walk down the balcony stairs and look around. One of the jumping ̶m̶i̶c̶e̶ rats walked into view on its little ball and used it to jump at you aiming for your bag. You quickly pull it out of reach and watch the rat land skilfully on the ball once more. It looks like it's about to jump at you again but before it got the chance, the cat jumps and catches it in its mouth. "Ugh.. I hate rats.. but there's no real food out here.. so it'll do." He said before walking around a thin tree and disappearing, rat in mouth. You blink a few times to make sure what your seeing was real, then again, you walked through a tiny door to get to an alternate reality so it isn't too unexpected at this point.

'Why was the rat after my bag..?' You questioned. Looking in your bag, and finding nothing but what you brought with you. Then, your small moth badge you got from your mother's blazer begin to flicker and twinkle. You pick it up and watch as the metallic bug spreaders it's wings and fly down to the ball the jumping rat left behind. You pick the ball and the brooch up. The ball begins to sparkle and the girl from the spooky room appeared in front of you. "Coralline!" She said "coralline Jones! That's me, my name! Oh thank you, thank you stranger! You've found my eyes.. my soul.." she said cradling the ball. "i can finally pass on and leave this stupid place behind... i wish you the best of luck with that monster, stranger.."

"my names Y/N, coralline and I'm so happy for you.. thankyou" you say. just then she began fading into the small ball. before the ball could fall to the floor, you caught it and put it in your bag. "alright.. now to find my parents.." a load thud made you jump. "you know, even if you win, she wont let you go" the cat said walking beside you.

"well that means either way i'd be stuck here, so my best chance is to just play the dumb game.."

"i suppose so." he nodded. you think really hard about what was happening. this was so overwhelming. you felt tears prick the corner of your eyes. "Y/N. crying wont help you out of this situation. you need to keep your head up" the cat said.

"i know it won't help, but i cant stop it. i don't know where to go.." you reply

"this world isn't as it seems." the cat says as everything starts to fade into white. "the beldam only built what she knows."

"small world.." you say as the white fades back to the fake reality (oxymoron bitches) you find yourself at the well which was now dull and depressing. still prettier than the real one, but colourless and bland. you sit down on the well and weep into your hands. "c'mon Y/N your running out of time." you wipe your tears with one sleeve facing away from the cat. just then you hear the sound of scrunching and tearing of paper. you look down at the well where your sketch book sat. "that makes no sense.. my sketch books at home.." you said reaching for the book. before you could grab it, the pages frantically turned to a certain page where you saw a drawing of your parents. not only that, but they were moving, tearing out of the paper (or trying to at least) "mum, dad?" you cry slightly. you mum scrunches the paper in their fist causing the paper to wrinkle. you pick up the book and just as you were about to start celebrating, you feel someone push you off the well and into the mud, the book flying off. you look up and see the beldam. she has her eyes locked on the book. you scurry for it and put it in your bag. "I WON!" you yell "LET ME GO HOME"

"no no no, i need you here I'll die with out you!" she cried reaching for you. Dodging, you run behind the well and do a little shimmy trying to avoid her. you jump across the well when she finally made it to you. you pick up some rocks off the floor and hurl them at her. one of them knocks a button off her face. "AHHHHHHHHHH YOU RECHID UNGREATFUL CHILD!" she cries. the cat jumps at her hissing and screeching, managing to claw out the other one. in rage and pain, the other mother pulls the feline off her face and throws him down the well. "NO!" you call for the cat looking down it. you turn back to her and punch her square in the face. when she recovers, she pushes you against the well trying to grab you. you hold back her hands (if you could even call them that) as she pushes you almost down the well. you kick her away and the force must have winded her, because she coughs up the key and, as gross as it was, you managed to grab it and stuff it in your bag. However, with the beldam no longer holding you against the well, you had no back support. you grabbed her hand for safety, but it just came off, and you fell down the well. "NO! MY CHILD I NEED YOoouuuuu"

all that the beldam can here is your distancing scream

A

A

A

a

a

a

h

h

ʰ