safety

you awake to the sound of loud meowing and wet pitter pattering on your face. you open your eyes and see the cat above you and rain falling directly on you. sitting up, you realise your back in the other world, and lied on the floor by the well with the beldams needly hand next to you lifelessly. "cat what happened?.." you say groggily. the cat blinks at you. "oh right, you cant talk in this world.." suddenly the sound of heavy footsteps approaches. "Y/N!? honey are you ok??" it was your mother.. your actual mother.

"mum..?" you say weakly. "mum!" you sit up and hug her tightly.

"Y/N what happened!" you dad says coming and hugging you also. "we were so worried, did you faint?" he asked concerned.

"i.. i don't know" you say. scratching your neck, you feel the key in your bag. 'so it wasn't a dream..' you thought. "honey c'mon lets get you inside you're muddy and soaked to the bone!" you mum says helping you stand up. the cat meows jumping up into your arms. "stupid cat, shoo!" your dad says. "no it's ok, let him come with.."

you got inside and your parents took off their rain coats and wellies. you take the cat upstairs and dry him off with a towel, as well as yourself. you lie on your bed twiddling with the chain around your neck. You decided that the key would be safer back on the chain. "Y/N, do we need to call the hospital?" you mum and dad enquired as they entered your room. "no no.. I'm alright"

"if you say so.."

"anyway, the reason we were gone so long was because.. well.." your farther starts. he hands you a brochure for a nearby college.. 'just what i needed..'

.

.

for an art school. you read it then look at them in disbelief. "if art is really your passion, what you want to do in life, then who are we to stop you." he said rubbing your back. "we're so sorry for trying to stop your.. creative flow.. your a talented artist and it's our fault for not seeing that sooner.." you mum continued. you fell asleep happy that night. the first in a very long time.

in your dream you saw the blue haired girl with a halo and beautiful wings. "hi coralline" you saw to her. "thank you so much.. what you did was brave and courageous"

"thanks, I'm just glad its over now" you say. coralline twiddles her thumbs.

"it's over for me.." she said.

"b-but what about me?"

"your in terrible danger!"

"but the door's still locked!"

"the key, there's only one and for as long as it exists, she'll be looking for it."

"so.. i need to get rid of it.."

"don't worry, it isn't all bad.. your still alive and living, keep it that way" and with that you woke up. you turned to the cat on your bed. "i need to get rid of this thing.." you got up and threw on a coat and your wellies. you stepped out into the rain and begin walking to who knows where. you walk to the well. you bring out the key while thinking about where it's going to go. suddenly something jumps at you pushing you to the floor. "ack!" you get up and hold the key close to you. what was attacking you?? you look closer and see the severed hand from earlier. it jumps again this time grabbing the chain around your neck. it began pulling you towards the well or, as it was in this world, the hole in the floor. you scream as the chain slightly chocked you. suddenly a loud engine roar was heard and down drove a motorbike. Wybie let out a war cry almost as he picked up the hand with tongues. his bike skidded in the mud causing him to fly into it. the hand escaped the grasp of his tongues and started to choke him. he coughed as the needles dug into his skin. you rush up and pull on the hand, pulling off a needle/finger. he threw it to the ground and it jumped at you once more this time successfully getting the key. but just as it was about to go back down the well, he dropped a large rock on it shattering both it and the key. you got up breathing heavily. you looked at wybie who was also breathing heavily. "are you ok-" before you could finish your sentence, he engulfed you in a hug. "i wasn't about to let the same thing happen again.." he said into your rain coat.

"what?"

"nothing, lets just get you inside.."

------------------------

"how did you know i would be there?" you ask.

"after i heard you had been gone for 3 days, i had a feeling i knew what had happened.." he started. "the last person who lived in your house, also went missing but before, she told me about a small door that lead to another dimension.. of course i didn't believer her, but when i told gran, she said her sister used to say the same before she went missing.. but it was too late and no-one ever saw her again.."

"i spoke to coralline in there.. but i set her free so she wont be stuck there anymore."

"you saw her?"

"yea.. it's a long story.. I'll tell you about it some other day, I'm so tired"

"want me to carry you home?" he smirked

"wybie, no" you laughed. but it was too late, he picked you up bridal style, and began walking towards your house. "why do i even try." you giggle. he chuckles in response. you have your arms wrapped around his neck and your looking up at him. he's so pretty.. how does someone like him exist in this weird world. "i can see you staring at me" he said. you lean up and press your lips together. he drops you (holding on to your waist) so you were both standing and kissing in the rain, so cliché, but it was wonderful. a great way to end such a horrible experience. by now you were at your front door once more. "do you want to come in?" (in where ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) you ask. "i thought you were tired" he said cheekily. "suddenly, I'm a little more awake. and by the looks of it, you too.." he blushed and put his hands over his crotch.

next part will probs be the last part, buuuuttt, it's gonna be a lemon! if you couldn't tell that is 'n-n oki doki! hope you enjoyed this story, if you aren't going to read the lemon which i totally understand, and maybe consider reading my others? or don't i don't mind n-n

ok thats all! thanks for coming along with me and the story!

-mushroom Chan <3