chapter three

♕CHAPTER THREE |THE LONG-AWAITED PROPOSAL & WEDDING♕

June 14, 2019

"Why is the house filled with balloons?" I asked myself as I forced my way into the house filled with red and white balloons.

"Jay! Where are you? What's going on?" I asked.

"In the living room!" Jay called out.

I followed the path of balloons and roses to the living room when I finally realized what was going on in the living room.

Jay was finally making his grand proposal. I quickly pulled out my phone and clicked on the camera to check on my hair and makeup for any imperfections before walking into the living room.

"Jay," I said as I noticed a photographer in the corner snapping away with his camera.

"Onika, come over here," Jay said.

I smiled as I slowly walked over to him.

"Jay," I said.

"You know what's going on?" Jay asked me.

I nodded.

"Yes, I do," I answered him.

"Good; do you like everything?" He asked me.

I looked around the room and squealed.

"You did way better than I imagined," I replied.

"I'm glad you liked everything," Jay said as he held my hand as he got down on one knee.

"Onika, I am entirely sure how to pop the question to a woman like yourself who has everything you need, but I realized that's one of the many reasons why I love you. From the moment I met you, I knew you were the one I've been searching for, my missing rib, my other half. In you, my heart has found a home. I've never had a relationship this good with anyone. You are special to me. I want to give you all the happiness you deserve. I want to be there to share every of life's moments with you. I want to be there by your side in your moments of joy and your moments of sorrow. I want to share in your laughter, and I want to be the hands that wipe your tears. I want to be your everything, just as you are my everything. You know I dream of a beautiful kingdom, where you're the queen, and I'm king. I dream of a home, the envy of all, where our children surround our table. Will you marry me?" Jay asked me as he pulled out a ring.

I nodded.

"Yes," I answered as he said the ring on my ring finger.

I smiled as he stood up, and I kissed him.

While he talked about how long it took him to plan and decorate the house, negative thoughts started running around in my head, and suddenly, my smile disappeared, and tears came rolling down my cheeks.

Jay looked at me and asked me what was wrong.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked Jay.

Jay nodded.

"Okay, then let's pray on it," I said.

"Let me," Jay said.

I smiled.

"Heavenly Father, we come before you to thank you for all you have done and continue to do in our lives and marriage. We come before you today, God, asking for a stronger bond of unity in our marriage covenant. Father, we ask that you give us the ability to be a united front for you, letting nothing come between us. Help us, Father, to identify and work through anything that is not pleasing to you so we can continually reach higher levels of unity in our marriage – spiritually, physically, and mentally. We are thankful and excited to see the work of your hand as we do our best to seek your face daily. We love you and thank you for all of these things. Amen," Jay said.

"Amen," I repeated.

August 13, 2019

NICKI MINAJ REVEALS WHEN SHE'S GETTING MARRIED

By Marisa Laudadio Wonderwall

6:52 am PDT, Aug 13, 2019

After weeks of speculation about her marital status, rapper Nicki Minaj has revealed that she is indeed planning to wed boyfriend Jay Park — and she'll be a "Mrs." before Thanksgiving.

During the Aug. 12 episode of her "Queen Radio" show, Nicki explained that in recent months, she and Kenneth have applied for a marriage license two times — after their first one expired, they got a new one last month.

"We filed for the marriage license, and we still had to pick it up, and I was traveling, by the time I came back, we had to renew it again," she explained on her Beats 1 show, as reported by People magazine and Us Weekly. "From that time, you have 90 days to get married. That was about a week ago, so now I have about 80 days."

Nicki explained that they plan to make things legal first with a small ceremony but wait for a big blow-out wedding until she finishes some work commitments.

"I have to work on my album, and I have a lot to focus on that I don't want to do the big wedding now. We'll do the big wedding later," she said, adding, "I'll be married before my album comes out but will have my wedding after the album comes out. Before the 90 days is over, yes, I will be married.

"I'm very happy about that because my baby makes me so happy," she added, as reported by Us.

Nicki confirmed she was dating Korean rapper Jay Park, who appeared in her "Megatron" music video in late 2018.

October 22, 2019

Nicki Minaj Announces She Married Jay Park

BY ALYSSA BAILEY OCT 22, 2019

Nicki Minaj dropped a bombshell on her Instagram last night: The rapper is now married to her rapper boyfriend, Jay Park. "👰🏽🤵🏽😢🙏🏽🎀 Onika Tanya Maraj-Park 8•21•19," she wrote over footage of Mr. and Mrs. mugs and bride and groom baseball caps. Park and Minaj first started dating last year and made their relationship Instagram official in December 2018.

The wedding isn't a complete surprise. Minaj revealed that she was getting a marriage license with Park on her Queen Radio show in August. "We still had to pick it up, and I was traveling, by the time I came back, we had to renew it again," she said. "From that time, you have 90 days to get married. That was about a week ago, so now I have about 80 days."

She originally announced she had gotten a marriage license on Queen Radio back in June. "We did get our marriage license," she said then. "I think I have what I was striving for, just happiness. It was so hard to get to a happy place. Now that I'm there, I don't want to compromise that for anyone or anything."

Even before their wedding, Minaj was regularly calling Park, her husband.