prologue

prologue

Liked by nicathedon and 432

Liked by nicathedon and 432.891 others
saquon ❤️
View all 2,287 comments

• • = • • = • •

"What's up? What's the deal?" Saquon asked as I took a seat on the bed as he moved some of his things around the room.

"Um, Jayda just texted me to go ring shopping with her," I answered.

"Okay and?" He said.

"I just find it suspicious that after we had a conversation about marriage that Jayda wants to go ring shopping, that's all," I said.

Saquon chuckled.

"You think I would set that up," He said.

"Yeah, I think so," I said.

"You're overreacting it, Nica," He said.

"I was just wondering," I said.

"You know it's something I want, but you said you needed time to think about it; I'm not going to blindside you with a proposal," He said.

I nodded.

"Right," I said.

"When the time is right, we'll get engaged and have that expensive ass wedding," He said.

I laughed.

"At least we will able to afford it," I said.

• • = • • = • •

3,793,191 likesnicathedon get it from my mama View all 87,689 comments

3,793,191 likes
nicathedon get it from my mama
View all 87,689 comments

• • = • • = • •

"What's going on with Saquon and you?" My mom asked.

I sighed.

"We talked about getting married again," I answered.

"You guys are having that conversation a lot lately; living together has made you all very serious," She said.

"Well, we've been living together for a whole year now, and I guess having only each other to talk and see during the pandemic has changed our relationship," I said.

"I want you to make the right decision for yourself, and I don't want you wasting your youth on no man, Nica," She said.

I mentally rolled my eyes as I knew that my mom was about to go on a rant about self-worth, and I did not want to hear it.

"I understand, mom," I said.

"Do you? You've seen my past relationships; I don't want you making the same mistakes I did," She said.

"Yes, ma'am," I said.

"I'm serious," She said.

"I know," I said.

• • = • • = • •

1,923,899 likesnicathedon That my best friend, she a real bad bitch @jaydacheaves 🎀🥰View all 33,899 comments

1,923,899 likes
nicathedon That my best friend, she a real bad bitch @jaydacheaves 🎀🥰
View all 33,899 comments

• • = • • = • •

"Kanica, I know you're probably tired of people asking about your mother, but I want to know how does your mother feels about your career and lifestyle?" Lore'l asked.

I nod my head.

"Yeah, I know I will always be best known as Nicki Minaj's daughter, and that's perfectly fine with me as long as people don't overdo it. My mom was a strict parent. I didn't listen to her music or any hip-hop music until I was like eighteen, and before I could pursue all these business endeavors, I had to go to college and work part-time before she was okay with my choices. She was like, okay, you understand what you're getting yourself into with all of this," I said.

"Sometimes she's concerned with some of the things I do and I definitely tone it down for her when she voices her concerns; I know she has my back, but overall, she's proud of me, and I'm happy that I made her proud," I added.

"You also have been dating an NFL player Saquon Barkley; how does she feel about it?" Lore'l asked.

I laugh as Lore'l stares at me.

I don't say anything for a moment, then sighed.

"You know my mom is very overprotective; she pulled up on him after my first date with him and let him know that her firstborn was not to be played with but over time, she has grown to like him," I answered.

"I hope so; it's been two years, right?" She asked.

I nod my head and smile.

"Yup, two years," I replied.

"Now he seems like a cool guy; how did you two get together? Do you want to get married to him?" She asked.

"Um, okay, so I was at a friend's birthday party when Saquon and I met. He walked up to me and introduced himself, and he told me that I was the one for him and the rest is history," I explained.

"Do you see yourself getting married to him?" She asked again.

I lick then rub my lips together.

"Yes, I do maybe in a year or two, that's something I eventually want, and I don't want us to rush into marriage," I answered.

Lore'l nods.

"You definitely have a good head on your shoulders so I know you'll make the right choices for yourself," She said.

"Thank you," I said.