eight: the cat fight

Halloween had come to PCA, and I was so ready for it

Halloween had come to PCA, and I was so ready for it. Usually, I wasn't one for participating in things like Halloween, but this year was different. I had a person I despised, and I wanted to used the scare factor that followed Halloween around like a lost puppy to scare this person. She wouldn't see it coming; no one would. Well, besides Quinn. 

"What is with that costume?" Quinn asked, pulling on her freaky white hair that she specifically bought for her Einstein costume. She distastefully eyed my clown costume as I pulled a chair in front of our shared mirror. "I thought you weren't going to Logan's haunted house."

"I'm not," I said, holding my makeup kit in front of me. I already put the white foundation all over my face; all I had to do now was to overexaggerate my features, which was pretty easy. "I'm doing something else tonight."

Quinn didn't question me, which was a good thing. If she knew what I was doing tonight, then she would tell me that I was such a bad person. Scaring one person didn't make me a bad person, right? I knew the answer to that question (no was the answer, if you didn't know) but others had different answers to the question. People would call me a bad person for doing this, but it wasn't bad in the slightest. Anyway, it was a part of Halloween, so how could I be bad when other people were doing the same thing as me?

In the reflection of the mirror, I saw Quinn grab a few of her Quinnventions. I wondered what she was grabbing, but the last time I asked her about her inventions and science items, she went on an hour rant about what it did and how it could hurt me. You know, the basics of every invention. Anyway, she had gathered a few of her inventions and opened the door, slipping out into the hallway. Finally, I was alone. 

Peering at myself in the mirror, I noticed that my white foundation wasn't covering most of my darker skin. The foundation I had used was cheap, a remnant of something I bought years ago with my own money. It was one of the first things I ever bought, and it was only because I wanted to become a makeup artist. Mom even signed me up for some classes that dealt with being a makeup artist, and I could see myself being one in the future. That all changed when someone said a girl like me couldn't do something like that. Those words totally changed everything in me, and from then on, I decided to forget about the makeup dream. 

Quickly finishing up my makeup, I gave myself a once over in the mirror. My clown costumes was one of the bigger sized ones of all different colors and fabrics. I left my hair alone, though I did throw it up into a ponytail. I didn't have enough time (nor money) to buy a wig to complete my costume. A red nose and my clown makeup adorned my face, and I grinned at myself in the mirror when I noticed the fake blood I poured all over myself. This would surely get Lola. 

A confident grin appeared on my face as I stood up from the chair that was sitting in front of my mirror. I was ready to scare Lola! 

Exiting my room, I noticed a small group of girls standing around in the corner of the hallway. They were chatting amongst themselves, talking about Logan's haunted house. I didn't know he was hosting a haunted house, but there was no way I was going dressed like this. Plus, I wasn't really in the mood to go to the haunted house. I love Halloween, sure, but not enough to purposefully scare myself. No, I was more on the scaring other people boat.