fourteen: pca is weird

For some reason, my residence hall was nearly completely silent

For some reason, my residence hall was nearly completely silent. Sure, it was a Saturday afternoon, but what was going on that they couldn't just stay in their room? Not that I was complaining, though. I was glad that it was quiet and peaceful; it hadn't been like this when I first got here, so it was nice being able to walk through the hallways without getting annoyed. I did happen to see Zoey as she was leaving the residence hall, and she said that Quinn's alpaca had come to PCA. I was glad she did that for her since Quinn has been down lately.

I was annoyed anyway, though. My favorite skateboard was ruined forever, and now I had to walk around campus, like all the other freaky people that went here. I hated being normal, but I didn't have another skateboard on me, so I would have to walk. That meant that I'd have to wake up earlier just to get to class on time, which was the almost the worst thing about this whole thing.

As I neared my shared room with Quinn, I heard a weird noise. It sounded sort of like a cow's moo, but it obviously wasn't a cow. A bad feeling settled in my stomach as I stopped in front of the door to my room. My hand hovered over the doorknob as I shook my head, brushing the bad feeling away. It was probably nothing.

Oh, how wrong was I. 

Quinn had Otis, her freaking alpaca, in our room, and it was standing on top of my bed. One of my many black shirts that was sprawled on the bed from earlier this morning was in its mouth, like it was eating my clothing. Quinn was standing next to it, holding onto a tan colored leash, a shocked expression on her face. Just the expression on her face nearly made me laugh out loud. 

"I didn't think you would come back this early," Quinn said, tugging hard on the leash. The llama (yes, I knew what animal it was, but I didn't quite care at the time) didn't move an inch.

"Why is there a llama standing on my bed?" 

"He's an alpaca!" 

My blood started boiling, so I stalked forward, throwing my satchel into the chair next to my bed. I grabbed ahold of my shirt in the llama's mouth and yanked as hard as I could. The ripping noise was the first thing I heard in the air, and then a soft gasp fell from Quinn's lips. I stumbled backward and stared at the shirt -- well, half of the shirt -- in my hands. Glancing back up, I saw that Otis had the other half still in his mouth, his brown eyes wide and ugly looking. 

"I will buy you a new shirt, Kesley," Quinn quickly said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I turned my glare on her, and she dropped her sweaty hand to her side. "I just wanted to show Otis my room here at PCA! I didn't expect for him to hop up onto your bed and start chewing on your clothes. You know, that could be a sign telling you to put your clothes away every time you get them out."

I crossed my arms over my chest, clenching the shirt in my right hand until my knuckles turned white. Quinn really had the audacity to tell me to put my clothes away when all of her Quinnventions were scattered around the room, piling up on every available surface? She had no right of telling me that when her llama was eating my clothes!