seventeen: run away with me

The first thing I heard was talking

The first thing I heard was talking. That couldn't be right, though. I was supposed to be asleep in my dorm, and Quinn doesn't talk in her sleep. Unless Zoey, Lola, and Nicole broke in and was talking, then I wasn't sure what was going on. And it was slightly warmer in our dorm room, which could mean that there were people in our room.

Wait. I didn't go back to the dorm last night. Actually, I hadn't been back to my dorm since I stormed out of the room yesterday morning, and it was all because of my monster of a mother. The events of yesterday came rushing back, piece by piece. Me throwing my computer at the wall, me storming away from my room and forcing myself to be away from people for the whole day. Me playing basketball by myself in the evening, Logan coming, us admitting our feelings for each other. Us falling asleep together with his arms wrapped around me. A curse escaped my lips when I realized where we still were.

My eyes flashed open. The sunlight was bright and intense, and I had to block my eyes for a second. Logan's arms were still around me, and he was still sleeping. How could he still be asleep when there were people around us, gossiping about us because we couldn't go back to our own separate rooms? When my eyes adjusted to the sunlight, a gasp escaped my lips. There was a whole crowd standing around us. Most of the people had their phones out and they were pointed at Logan and me. The girl closest to me was giggling to her friends, showing them something on the small flip phone.

I cursed under my breath yet again, and I scrambled to my feet. I had a huge urge to make a scene, to hit somebody because they were ruining my happiness, but that was what my mother would have done, and I was not my mother. The crowd reached its zenith, the noise adding fuel to the fire. "You all literally have nothing else to do on a Saturday morning?" I yelled before focusing my gaze on Logan. The dork was still fast asleep, so I kicked him slightly. He groaned but didn't wake up.

A bad feeling spread through my body when the crowd grew silent. I knew that they hated me to begin with (just like my mother), so I was afraid of what they were going to do to us -- to me. Blindly kicking at Logan, I watched as the crowd took a few steps closer. I felt like an animal trapped in a cage, and my heart jumped in my chest. 

"Kels?" Logan asked groggily, his voice sending a thrill down my spine. I looked down at him and saw the realization dawn on his face. "Oh my God."

"Get up," I said, sticking my hand out. He took it and I tugged him up. Logan searched my face for a second, so I said, "Get me out of here."

"Okay."

Logan spun around and started running. He kept his hand wrapped around my wrist, pulling me after him. The people around us shouted in glee, spurring us forward. The gross bodies parted as we ran through them. I was glad that they moved out of the way for us. I couldn't see where Logan was taking me. The crowd was smaller than what I originally thought, which was a good thing. My heart was thundering in my chest as we squeezed past the last few people, running toward a corner.