Chapter 26: Pretty

Sometimes I think Yuzuru is the pretty one in the relationship. Watching him step out in his Otoñal costume just puts me in a state of awe. This man makes glitter and sparkles look so good.

I've seen the way he's been photographed during completions. Sure, some things get edited, but the way the camera captures the passion he has for skating, I can understand why some people enjoy the way he looks. And whenever he does an ad campaign, people go crazy over his face.

"Why are you so pretty?" I ask Yuzuru as he checks himself out in the mirror of his dressing room. I'm sitting on the counter placed against the wall. I admire the work put into his hair for this program. Yuzuru's hair is parted in a way that shows off his forehead and that looks great on him.

Yuzuru looks at me through the mirror with a shocked look on his face. "What do you mean I'm pretty? You're the pretty one," he says cutely. I roll my eyes at him."And I think the word you should be using is handsome."

"Oh whatever. You just look so good in your costume! You have flawless skin and you're so photogenic. I want to look as good as you do. You're so effortless."

"But your smile is so contagious. And you light up a room with your laugh. People hang on your every word when you're talking. My mom adores the way you pray for meals both in your religion and the way we do. Looks have nothing to do with how beautiful you are."

I look at him in shock as I feel my skin rises in heat, Yuzuru has never showered me in compliments like that before. I don't have a reply so I just grab Yuzuru's face and give him a big kiss on the lips. When I pull my face away from his, he has a big, goofy smile plastered onto his skin.

"If I knew compliments would get me such a reaction, I would do it more often," Yuzuru remarks teasingly. Then he bursts out laughing.

I bury my face in my hands, feeling embarrassed. "I don't know what came over me."

Suddenly there is a knock at the door. Coach Brian pops his head through the door. He reviews the scene in front of him: his laughing student and his student's translator/girlfriend playfully shaking him to stop laughing. Boy does he love seeing his kids look so happy.

"Alright, kids. Save the lovey-dovey fun for later. It's time for Yuzuru to go to his 6 minute warm up," coach Brian informs us before he closes the door.

"Let's get you out there so you can look pretty on the ice," I say hopping off the counter. I hand Yuzuru his jacket so he can give his fans a proper reveal.

"I don't look just pretty on the ice," Yuzuru whines as he puts on his jacket, zipping it all the way up. "I look pretty damn handsome as well."

"Okay, Mister Handsome. Go give your fans a costume reveal. I'm sure you'll be able to hear the screams."

"Do they really scream for me?"

And so did the fans scream. I even got it on video so I can show Yuzuru later on. After Yuzuru takes his jacket off, he hands it off to me and sends me a wink. I fold his jacket properly and roll my eyes. He doesn't need to be flirty right now. That wink alone caused an uproar in the crowd. As he skates around for the remainder of the warm up, I watch the way his costume glitters in the light. I've met his costume designer before and I am always impressed with her work. She really knows how to add the right crystals and sequins to make the costume pop. If skaters got points for costumes, I'm sure he would get +3 GOE.

Watching him skate his program is like watching a moving art piece. Every movement looks enticing and elegant. He doesn't stop giving emotion or movement even after his jumps. Yuzuru really knows how to sell his program with looks alone. It doesn't even matter when he's dripping in sweat, he still manages to look good. As I'm sitting next to him in the Kiss & cry, I wipe the sweat from his brow.

"Look at this video I got of you revealing your costume," I say smugly as we wait for the results of his short program. I hold up my phone showing him the video, making sure he can hear the screams from the audience.

"That's for me?" Yuzuru asks so innocently.

"Of course it is. I wouldn't have filmed you taking off your jacket if I didn't know there would be such a reaction from the crowd."

"I guess I can really cause a reaction."

"Of course you can. You're so pretty."

"But how come you didn't scream for me?"

"Why would I need to scream for you? I've watched you take your clothes off all the time. I'm not phased by it anymore."

"You've watched me take my clothes off?!"

"Maybe one or twice. But hey, I think your score just came in."

"I've never seen you take off your clothes."

"And you won't if you keep up that attitude."