Awake

Chapter 20

Everything is at a stand still. Every single fucking lead on Will is a dead end. I have everyone, I mean everyone, looking for him, alliances, businessmen who don't even work on this side of the businesses.

The doctor cleared his throat causing us all to look up.

"We wanted to inform you, the family, that if we get confirmation from you that we are going to remove the ventilator...this could be the only possible way that she can wake up."

I stared emotionless at him.

"So there's a chance that she will die, that she won't be strong enough to breathe on her own."

"That is a possibility..."

It wasn't my decision. It wasn't up to me. It was up to her mom.

She looked at me with a broken look, there was no other options anymore except keep her on it, but then she wouldn't wake up. I gave her a nod.

"Take her off."

We all followed behind the doctor as they removed it. I felt sick to my stomach. I haven't eaten, haven't slept.

"When we remove it...it's going to take her a minute to breathe on her own." We all nodded in an understanding.

As they removed it every worst possible scenario played through my head. I was relieved when she began breathing on her own.

"This is progress, she should wake up any time."

I walked back into the waiting room and sat down, closing my eyes.

"What, Kace." I said opening my eyes. "You know, if you would of admitted your feelings for her awhile ago when we told you to..."

"Don't finish that sentence."

They all told me the same thing, If I admitted my feelings for her earlier then we could of had more time together, maybe then I wouldn't of gotten locked up. But that's the past, this is the present.

Cadella sat in the chair next to me, "You remind me a lot of Grayson. Stubborn as hell." I rolled my eyes and looked at her. "You haven't slept since she was admitted."

"Neither have you." I added

"I do this on a daily, just wait until you have kids, you learn sleep is a thing of the past."

I never really thought about having a family. I never met a girl i'd ever consider having a family with...well that was until I met her. I hate the power she has over me. The way her smile could drop me to my knees. The way I could just look into her eyes and visibly relax.

"Now Dante I see how you look at my daughter, i'd be an idiot not to. Tell her. I know my baby and I see the way she looks at you. This type of love you two have for each other, it's not something you see often, rarely ever. It's genuine."

"Love?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Boy don't you lie to me. You've changed for her. You can try and lie and hide from the truth, but that doesn't mean that it isn't still there."

"I hate wise women. Always telling me the things I need to hear." She gave me a smile and a small nod.

——————-

*3 hours later*

"I have great news. She's awake...she wants to see her mother and you." The doctor pointed to me.

"I'll go see her after you go...I need a second." Hearing that she was awake...

"Dante! Hey..." Chi caught up to me as I walked down the hospital hall. I gave her a nod. "Why aren't you going to see her, you've been going mad this whole time not being able to talk to her..."

"I have been talking to her, it just gets a little draining after realizing you're not going to get a response." I pulled a cigarette from my jacket and lit it.

"D...if you ever want to keep her, you're gonna have to start telling her the truth about how you feel, we can't read minds. Trust me we wish we could."

"I tried, i'm too much of a bitch." I watched as she tried to contain her laugh. "Laugh all you want."

"You've done unspeakable things in this world and your scared to admit your feelings. Men are some weirdos."

——————

*Camilles POV*

"Oh baby." I smiled as my mom hugged me carefully. "Hi ma."

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, still a little sore...how long was it?"

She sighed and sat down on the chair next to the bed. My body was in more pain then I told her, it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

"About a month and a half."

A month...

"Dante?"

"He's here...hasn't left the whole time. The doctors said you could hear us, do you remember anything?"

I thought I was just dreaming...or dead, I really just thought I was dead and hearing everyone's goodbyes.

"I didn't think it was real."

"Baby, when Will took you at the house...we found you."

"We?"

"Your father and I...Cami baby your father is dead."

I didn't really know him...but hearing a parent died, whether you knew them or not, that breaks your heart one way or another.

"His funeral, I missed it didn't I..."

She grabbed my hand and squeezed it slightly, "We tried to push it back as much as we could but-"

"I understand...can i see Dante?"

"Yeah, i'll go get him." Before she walked out of the room she stopped, "That boy, despite him falling apart without you, never left mine or your side. He cares so much about you I can't help but smile."

That's the man I know.

Dalesio ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें