Epilogue

Chapter 40

*5 years later*

"Mommy look!" Damien pulled a soaking wet Draven in the house. "Draven! Why are you all wet."

"He fell into a fountain!" I glared at Draven who dripped all over the floor.

Damien is 5 years old. I know what you're thinking. The whole time it wasn't anxiety, I was pregnant. It breaks my heart everyday that he'll never get to meet his son. Damien acts so much like him it hurts.

Damien has his eyes and his smile, and his attitude.

I threw a towel at Draven. "Clean my floor."

"I don't ever hear you yelling at Damien when he runs in with mud all over." I rolled my eyes and resumed dinner, "I do yell, and he's 5. You're 25 years old."

"You mean 25 years young."

"There is nothing young about that body" I laughed at Chi lifted Damien in the air.

We stayed in the same house we've always lived in, we were going to move but there are so many memories in this house...I couldn't part with it.

"Maxi sit." I threw a treat in the air.

Max is still the same and our house is still full of chaos. It still doesn't feel the same without him here though.

No one sits in his seat at the table. No one uses his playstation controller. and no one eats the fruit snacks that have been in our cupboard for 5years.

Dalesio's is now one of the most famous bakery's in town in New York. I occasionally visit when I can with Damien. My mom moved down there to manage it when i'm home.

After he passed she helped me a lot, after all she knows how it feels to lose the love of your life.

I still talk to him every night although i'm not sure he's listening or not. I tell him about how Damien is so much like him, I tell him how Damien loves disney movies like he did, but doesn't admit it.

I tell him everything.

Everyone remained living here to help me with everything.

Kace and Letta didn't exactly work out, they claim they just grew apart but they still lay together every night.

"Cam look at this fort I just built in the living room!" Zach yelled extra loud so Damien would hear. I looked into my living room where chairs were stacked and cushions were removed from the couches.

"Woah Cool!" Damien disappeared into the fort with Zach.

"You're so fucking childish." Ryker rolled his eyes and sat down at the table.

"Language around him!"

"Yeah Ry, language." Axe still loved to annoy Ryker. He always annoyed him so much to where they ended up wrestling in my dinning room.

Ryker is still an asshole and Zach is still...Zach.

Anara and Dillion moved closer to us so they could spend more time with Damien.

Beca started a clothing line in New York, so we visit her when we're up there as well.

I still cry often...he was my everything. He still is my everything, our son is my everything.

"Mommy." Damien hugged my legs as I stirred the noddles. "Yes baby?"

"Can you play daddies teddy again?"

I sighed and took Damien to our room, "Ready?" He nodded with a big smile.

"Hi beautiful, I miss you. I'll be home soon, I love you Camille."

Damien sighed and looked me for a moment, "How come daddy had to see god already?"

I always try not to cry in front of him, especially about his dad.

"I don't know baby, but I do know that he loves you so very much, and that he's watching over you and Maxi."

"And uncle Drave and Zach and Axe and-"

"Yes, the whole family."

"Even grandma Della?"

I let out a small laugh, My mom hates that he calls her grandma.

"Even your grandma Della."

——————-

After dinner we all sat in the living room and watched Tangled.

I still cry when I watch it, at first I couldn't even say the name of the movie without breaking down, progress.

They're right when they say healing is never linear.

"Alright it's time for bed."

"Can you tell me the story of how you and daddy met again?"

I nodded and sat at the end of Damiens bed.

"Mommy and Grandma Della just moved into a new town, so I had to start at a whole new school with all new kids i didn't know."

"Were you scared?" He acts as if I don't tell him this story every night before bed. "I was a little scared. My first day there I met Aunty Beca, Nara, and Vy. They were nice to me and helped me around the school."

"And then they introduced you to daddy didnt they!" I let out a laugh, "yeah they did, and uncle Aiden, Zach and Dillion."

"And then daddy was staring at you in the hallway."

"Yes, your daddy loved to stare."

"And then when you came back from eating dinner he was on your car!"

Damien has me tell him this story every night, but really it's him telling me the story. He knows it by heart, all of it. From us first meeting, to our last goodbye.

"He was on my car." I agreed

"Yup! And then he asked you your name and stared at you again."

I laughed again and tucked Damien in, "You know the story Dame, it's bedtime."

He sighed, "I miss daddy."

He never met Dante but he tells me he misses him all the time.

"I miss him too baby, I miss him so much." I shook the tears from my eyes and kissed his forehead, "I love you, sweet dreams."

"Love you mommy."

Our story may not of been some epic love story that had no issues or faults, but we sure did have a damn good one. From the arguments and not speaking to the 'I love you's and 'I miss you's.

Our story was a story that will live on forever...even in death.

My love, Dalesio.

—————-

A/N: IM LITERALLY IN TEARS. I'm so thankful for all of you for even giving my story a chance! Thank you all so much for 4k reads also! I'm so sad our journey in Dalesio is over but i'm so happy I was able to share it with you all and you were able to enjoy the journey with me 🥲🥲 I love you all❤️