Business

Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"Promise me you won't leave the house until I get home." I stared blankly at Dante as he stood, towering over me.

Everyone was meant to attend a meeting just a few hours out of town to discuss Will.

"Yeah.."

"Get in the god damn car. You're coming with us." The truth is, I did want to go to the meeting. I think I should be included in the conversation, he's the one who almost killed me, it makes sense.

"Hold on! Let me change I want to look official."

"Camille you have 10 minutes."

I quickly ran into our bedroom and changed, I pulled my hair back into a slick ponytail.

"Fuck." He took off his jacket which revealed a fancy dress white dress shirt, all of his muscles and tattoos on display. He put the jacket around my shoulders and guided me out the door, "Keep that on"

"Why?"

"Because I don't want to kill one of my men today." He always resorts to violence. "You let me wear whatever I want any other time..."

"Because I can fight. I don't have time to fight today, I have to be professional."

He looks hot professional...

"Depending on how it goes today i'll bring you to more meetings. We could use someone like you."

Although I have at least a small amount of abilities to be in this life, it's never anything I wanted or would ever want. If it was up to me Dante wouldn't be in it anymore either. It's not safe...but it's not my decision it's his, and this is what he wants.

"We'll see about that. I just wanted to come to this one because it's about Will and I want to help, after that I don't want any part."

He silently nodded his head as we smoothly sped down the highway. It was late, like 3 in the morning late so not many people were out on the roads.

I was nervous to go to this meeting, afraid to hear something that I wasn't meant to. I'm not sure.

Dante must of known I was thinking because he pressed a button on the car in which lowered the top down before resting his hand on my thigh.

My nerves relaxed as I laid my head back on the seat, letting the wind hit my face as I looked at the sky. It was a clear night, beautiful.

"You ready?" I was snapped back into reality when Dante held his hand out for me to take it, helping me out of the car. "As i'll ever be"

After going through many security procedures we walked through a very long hallway to a huge door that waited at the end.

"Cam! You came!" Letta wrapped her arm around mine and showed me where i'd sit.