Mail

Chapter 28

I think we all take happiness for granted...because we don't realize that one day we won't have that anymore. One day we could be begging just to feel happy again.

———————-

"Everyone gather around. Come on, come sit. Take a seat." I made everyone sit in the living room. They all looked at me like i've lost my mind.

I may have...

Dante watched me closely with a blank look, his hands rested on his lap.

Focus Camille.

"I have gathered all you lovely people here today because we got our first mail delivery!" I made everyone watch as I flipped through the mail, most of it being coupons my mom sent.

"Trash. Trash." I repeated as I threw them over my shoulder.

Zach scrambled off the couch and caught one of the cards in the air, "Zach...what are you doing." He held a Victoria secret coupon card. "We might need this one day."

We all silently stared at him. I wonder what goes on in his head...I thought my mind was entertaining but man the things that comes out this kids mouth.

"Moving on." I found multiple cards with all of our names on them, Dante and I sharing one. He noticed this and motioned me closer to him.

I opened it.

"Hey! Someone is throwing a class reunion this fall!" They all looked at me unimpressed. "We just got out of school, I don't want to see them again." Zach said looking over the card carefully.

Axe, Ryker, Kace, Chi, Letta and Draven never went to our school but they still got a letter issued to them.

Kace, Dante and Draven all exchanged looks.

"What's wrong?" I always know when he's thinking about something just as he knows when I am. If you ever want to know what he's thinking you have to know what to look for, and it's never easy.

He shook his head and laid my legs over his, his eyes never left mine. He hasn't slept in 3 days, he would lay with me until I fell asleep and then go into his office. When I would wake up i'd go in his office and fall asleep on the couch in there. He tells me not to but I do it anyway.

Somethings bothering him...

"Hey losers! We're going out to give you two alone time, don't get too crazy our family is big enough." Draven informed us as they all waved goodbye. Weird.

"What's wrong?" He's so much more tense then normal. "Today is my moms birthday."

He's never talked about his mom before.

"She died 4 years ago. The day I got arrested in New York for breaking into her old shop, I was looking for something she left me. It was a note." He stood up and took a piece of paper out of a vase, "She told me when I was 10 that if anything happened to her she had something hidden for me and that she'd leave clues."

"I was too young to be able to figure them out until one day I finally did." He handed me the note.

It read: "If you're reading this then something has happened to me. Now Dante I know how you are, but I need you to know that i'm at peace now. I'm away from your father and watching over you. Maybe one day i'll watch over you and your wife, and then your kids. This letter has a purpose just give me a second to find the documents...Alright I found them, my store, if anything were to happen, is now in your name. So once you find that special girl, I want you to reopen it, have her run it with you. I am setting up the perfect love story son! Look at me go! This is also my goodbye. I'm proud of you Dante."

I bit my lip as I read the note when tears filled my eyes. She really loved him, and he really loves her. She seemed like a wonderful lady. I wish I could of met her.

"You're just like her, stubborn and crazy." He say down next to me and smiled slightly. "I'm not crazy, but are you gonna reopen the restaurant...I thought you said your dad-"

"They wouldn't let him." He sighed, "We are going to reopen the restaurant next summer, find people to run it while we go to college in the fall."

I couldn't help but smile when he said "we" It was a small dream I had as a little girl to own a little business, cause why not?

"You don't have to if you don't want to I just thought-" I cut him off, "Of course I want to!"

After he chased me around the house when I tried tickling him, I made dinner and we laid down.

"So are you going to sleep tonight?"

"Are you going to stay in the god damn bed tonight?" I shook my head and put on Princess and the Frog. "I cannot watch this shit again."

"Then close your eyes, I like it." He raised an eyebrow before pushing my head lightly causing me to laugh.

After I calmed down he laid his head on my chest.

He's watching the movie. That's what I thought.

"I knew you loved disney movies."

"Go to fucking bed."

"Don't hate me cause you ain't me." He lifted his head from my chest and glared at me, "Camille."

"Go to sleep grouchy."

As I felt his breathing slow Draven busted the door open, "We brought froyo!"

"Draven. I'm gonna give you 5 seconds to get out my room, run to your room, lock your door and then lock another door behind it." Dante wrapped his arms around my waist and took a deep breath.

"Before you do that!" I yelled before he ran away, "give me the froyo..."

—————

A/N: If you're reading this, don't be a silent reader! I love interacting with you guys and reading all your comments. Don't be shy! Much love 🥰